25

Molly

"Does he know he has a fitting Monday at three? Did you ask him if he wanted to meet with WJOL? Did you tell him that they wanted to play his new song and promote the tour?"

Molly folded her arms across her chest as she tried to process what had just happened and respond to Sidney at the same time. "No, no and no."

"Was he too busy? It looked like you were talking for a bit."

"I'll be right back."

Molly turned, making her way back toward Jordan. If he wanted to be honest, she could be honest too. Jordan was leaning on the stage, looking over some papers and making notes.

"If honesty is what you want, then I can be honest."

His posture straightened as his eyebrows arched with concern. He seemed quite worried about the determined look on her face and the words she might speak. He took her arm and led her away from everyone as her words spilled out in a heated rush.

"You play these games with me, like we're having a contest to see who can make the other cave," she spoke in a huff. "I'm not into games. It was fun at first but now it's just frustrating. I'm not sure what you want from me. One day you berate me to make sure I know that our relationship is purely professional. Then the next day, you're leaning in to kiss me. You want me to be honest? I do think you are attractive and I know you know I think so too. Okay? So does that make us even? Are we good now? You think I'm beautiful and I think you're hot enough to set my blood on fire when I'm in the same building, let alone the same room."

Jordan searched Molly's eyes the whole time she spoke, but didn't say a word. He actually looked more serious than she had ever seen him before and it made her feel nervous. His serious expression was a million times hotter than his smile and his smile made her heart want to implode. Why could he make her feel this way? The nervousness took over and she continued, "You have a fitting at three on Monday. WJOL wants you to stop by to do a guest spot on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. They want to play your new song and interview you. We'll agree to give them meet and greet passes for your LA show and front row tickets as part of the promotion. I just need to know how you feel about it and if you want it, I mean, want to do it so that I can set the whole damn thing up. So do you want me? I mean, do you want to do it or not?"

Jordan eyes grew wide. "I'm not sure if I want it or not, Molly. It's really very confusing and complicated. Do you think it would be good for me?"

"I think you need to follow your heart and not your head for once. How do you feel about it?" Molly's mind was trying to send him mental signals to tell her how he really felt about her.

"I feel conflicted. I don't mean to play games. The truth is I'm not sure what is best for me or anyone."

They stood there in silence, eyes locked on each other. Molly wasn't sure if they were on the same subject or not, but to her, at that moment it didn't feel like they were talking about the interview at all.

Jordan was intently focused on reading her eyes. He seemed to be searching them for something. Molly desperately wanted him to kiss her. If he would just kiss her then she would know they were talking about the same thing. She would know that he felt something, and that it was more than just a game. She could feel her eyes drift from his, glance at his lips and then return to his eyes again.

Jordan pushed his hand through his hair and Molly knew the subject was closed. "Yes, I'll do the interview. I think the promotion is a great idea, especially since we're kicking off the tour in LA. We should see if some of the other stations we've worked with before want to do similar promotions before we hit their city. I could call in to do interviews with them. Talk to Sidney, okay?"

"Jordan..." Molly could feel her mind flip flopping. What had just happened? "About the other thing?"

Jordan looked at her and seemed concerned about what she was going to say next. The look in his eyes told Molly he wasn't where she was.

"The fitting... are you okay with the time?"

Jordan smiled, obviously relieved. "Yeah, it sounds great."

With that he walked away and Molly felt a feeling in her chest she had never felt before. She needed to get a grip. She was starting to fall apart inside and the feeling was completely new to her. She wasn't sure she liked it.

#

Jordan

He had just listened to Damien ramble on about fan mail for the last thirty minutes. He vaguely heard him remind him of the threats, but what else was new. There was always someone who didn't like him for one reason or another. He nodded incoherently and abruptly agreed to think about adding more security. He was having a hard time focusing after his interaction with Molly and he was in desperate need of a distraction. He needed to get out to clear his head. He wasn't thinking rationally and he knew getting away from it all would give him some clarity.

"Max, how's that new baby of yours?"

"She's beautiful. We picked a name."

Jordan smiled, "Okay, spill." Did he really just say spill?

"Her name's Raven."

"That's fantastic. It suits her. She's like a little bird. How's Annie feeling?"

"She's good. She went to Santa Barbara for the weekend to see her mom."

"So you're free tonight?" Jordan hoped.

"What did you have in mind?"

"Let's go out for a drink, maybe dinner. What do you say? No work tomorrow and I really need to clear my head."

"Sure man, I could use a drink too."

Jordan felt relieved. Getting out with Max what just what he needed.

Jordan approached Sidney. Molly was nearby but on the phone.

"What's the name of that restaurant with the swanky piano music that's a block from the strip club?"

"Scarlet's, I think. Please don't tell me you are going to the strip club," Sidney asked in her most motherly voice.

"I asked for the name of the bar, didn't I? I have a date."

"A date?" Sidney cautiously glanced in Molly's direction and then she whispered, "With whom?"

"Max." He smirked before asking, "Were you worried?"

Sidney laughed, "Nope, I was just wondering who had to put up with you tonight."

"Could you call and make a reservation for eight?"

"You got it, sweetie."

Jordan felt free for the first time in weeks. This was definitely a well-deserved night out. He needed to put things in perspective. He didn't even realize his feelings had started to change, but it was happening pretty quickly. One day he knew how he felt and the next day he didn't. He needed to put an end to it. He could feel he was going down the wrong path. He started to remember what happened when he didn't think, when he just acted. He needed to think this time.

He couldn't do that to her.