36

Molly

She and Jordan had sat in the bathroom for over an hour, the bubbles started popping and pieces of her skin were slightly visible. They had talked about everything and anything. She told Jordan she thought she was turning into a prune. He got up to leave and said whoa, turning quickly. Molly had to laugh. She had told him it was just her arm and her stomach. Apparently that was too much for him and he excused himself into his room. Molly got dressed and put on her robe. She felt a little stiff and sore. She took a washcloth and wiped her face. She ran her fingers through her hair and shrugged. There was nothing more she could do.

When she walked into his room Jordan was pacing waiting for her. He looked at her like she was frail.

"Jordan, please, I'm fine."

"Are you hungry?"

"Are you going to cook for me?" she said with surprise.

"I will reheat for you."

"Maybe just a little something."

They walked together into the hall as he asked, "Are you okay if I take Murphy for a quick walk?"

Molly nodded. When Jordan left, she walked over to the fridge. She opened it up and took out some leftover pizza from the night before. She started to reheat it. When she glanced up, she thought she saw something in the reflection of the glass and she jumped. She turned around and nothing was there. She realized she was a little more shaken up than she thought; being alone made it harder. Jordan made her feel safe. She loved him so much her heart could burst. He was so good to her. She remembered the bathroom and then thought of Callie. He was torturing himself over what happened to her. She needed to get to the root of why he felt so guilty. Something told her it also had something to do with this Tessa. Could Tessa be another piece of the puzzle? Jordan came through the door and she jumped again.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He took off Murphy's chain and cautiously came over to her.

"It's fine. I'm just jumpy, probably hungry."

"I could have done that," he said as he pointed toward the plates.

She smiled and walked over to the couch. He grabbed two bottles of water and joined her. "TV?" She shook her head no. "Music?" No again. "Do you want to talk?"

"Yes," she said enthusiastically.

"About what?"

"You."

"Nope, I'm off limits. You're trying to analyze me and I know it."

Molly made a pouting face and Jordan took a bite of his pizza. "Remind me to yell at my sister for telling you to do that."

"Please, Jay?" she said as she picked off a piece of crust and popped it into her mouth.

He shook his head firmly with eyes open wide. "No... Don't call me that! That is not you."

"I need a name for you."

"How about 'Sexy'?" Jordan said with a grin as he bit into his pizza again.

She stopped mid bite and put her pizza down. "Really... You want me to say 'Hey Sexy, do you want to do that interview at four?'"

"That has a nice ring to it. I like it."

Molly rolled her eyes. "But really, can I ask you a question?"

"Every time you ask me a question, I always regret telling you it was okay." He looked into her serious eyes. "Fine, what?"