Nerves

Phil

Suddenly the elevator starts vibrating beneath us, dropping us several feet in an instant.

It stops, throwing us in the air. We land hard on the elevators floor.

She screams but they are were drowned out by the overabundance of noise emitting from the alarm.

It rings loudly but I feel excited thinking that someone may hear it. After 20 minutes no one came.

She tries yelling, attempting to talk to me but no matter how hard I try I can't hear.

"Can you make it stop?!! I finally hear her say.

I stand up,using the wall for leverage, and make my way to the alarm fastened above the door. I take off my right shoe and bang at it.

With several hits, and quite a bit of persistence, I make it stop.

"Thank you." her hoarse voice whispers.

"No problem, I'd have gone crazy if I had to listen to that much longer. I honestly thought someone might hear it, but when no one came.." I trail off.

I sit next to her and realize she's shaking.

"Are you OK?" I ask wishing we weren't blanketed in darkness.

"Mmmm." She breathes out.

I rub small circles on her back, slowly trying to soothe her.

" I'm worried too." 

Kate

I can't  stop shaking. He's trying to help me and admittedly it's working. His hand makes large, relaxing circles on my back, though it's his words that seem to make all the difference.

We are okay, but for how long? 

I am not one to risk my life in any sort of capacity. I have never been on a plane, in a boat or traveled outside the states. Feeling fear for fun isn't exactly my cup of tea.

Dropping and dropping and shaking and moving and blaring alarms are overwhelming my senses. I'm having a hard time focusing. Taking more deep breaths are helping but nothing is eradicating the worry completely.

"Anything I can do?" He asks.

"No. I just need to relax. I get panic attacks from time to time when I fear for my life." I said half sarcastically half out of breath.