Not My Type

DEREK

As I watched her leave the bedroom I couldn't help but envision Erica in her place. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

What was it about Erica that I couldn't get out of my mind? Was it her looks?

Erica was very attractive and sometimes that was her only good quality. She dressed herself well and almost always looked elegant and prim. Alex was almost the complete opposite. Alex had a more natural beauty, wore little make up and was more down to earth, and normally Alex wasn't my type.

I had always gone more for women like Erica. Women that were seemingly more sophisticated and glamorous. Women that came from money and power. Though that had been my "type" it had never, obviously, worked out with anyone.

As I finally leave the bedroom I look for Alex and find her now standing in the empty kitchen and I couldnt help but smile.

Her hair now hung in a loose pony at the back of her neck, her clothes were slightly disheveled, as were mine, and from what I could tell she had little to no make up on. She looked relaxed and she looked amazing.

"So they are about to wrap everything up here. Are you ok with coming with me to the new place and helping me set everything up?" She asks now walking toward me.

"Yeah, sounds good." I say not being able to stop myself from looking over her once again.

She truly does have an incredible body and a confident quality without being, well.. like Erica to be honest.

"Hey, Alex theres something I need to tell you."