For Her Sake

DEREK

Do I do the right thing and admit to her who I am, or does it not really matter?

Even with those questions bustling through my mind I couldn't stop myself from touching her, caressing her warm, smooth lotioned body.

It seems as if nothing could stop me from strattling her on the massage table and making love with her right then and there, except one thing.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Time was up. The session was over.

Though that didn't seem to phase her, I knew that soon Marcus would be needing to reprep the room for the next client.

Though it truly ached for me to stop, I reluctantly removed my hands from her extravagant body and silenced the alarm that had continued to ring on the side table.

"Um." I said, truly not knowing what to say next.

"So yeah." She answers back still half under the white wrinkled sheet. "Um come to think of it, I don't even know your name."

"It's Derek." I say, picking up her clothes from the floor and handing them to her as she sat herself up on the table.

"Nice to meet you, Derek." She says with a smile. She placed her clothes beside her on the table and grabbed at the rest of the sheet now wrapping herself up, effectively hiding her stunning curves from me. She then slid her feet over the edge of the table and dropped down planting her feet firmly on the carpeted floor. Now we stood silently face to face, then without even thinking through my actions, again, I ellimated the space between us and massaged her lips with mine, my hands almost instantly moving to her hair.

She pulled away from me barely thirty seconds later muttering a single word, "Coffee?"

--------
KATE

"Uh Kate." A text from Alex .

"Yeah? Everything ok?" I text back as I looked out my offices windows, seemingly spying on the neighboring buildings and the people that worked inside them.

"I think I'm going on a date." She texted.

"A date? Where did you find the time to meet someone. I thought you were preparing for the gig next week." I sent back, now slouching deeper in my office chair.

"Oh it's a long, wild story I will tell you all about it tonight. Kisses." She sent ending the conversation, at least for now.

I just hope that this guy will drama free, unlike the last one. A man without a criminal record would be good too. Someone sane and caring is all that Alex needs.

With everything happening to me right now with Phil and the baby and the Erica drama I try to, at least a few times a day, to focus my thoughts on something else, anything else, and right now Alex seemed like that good distraction.

Who was this man she was going on a date with? Was he tattooed like Larry an ex of hers that was absolutely covered in ink that he thought was sexy, or was he tall and slender like her ex Peter had been. I tried to jumble up the last four or so men she had "dated" to create one "perfect" man for her, but sadly came up short, not coming up with a great enough end result for her.

She has had the tendency of jumping right into things with guys without really knowing much about them. I desperately hope this time things can be different, for her sake.