Three Little Surprises

KATE
I happily looked at the ring, for almost too long. I couldn't help myself but to memorize every twist and turn of the intricate band. The diamond, honestly too large for my taste, was still absolutely amazing. He had picked out a great ring for me, though we have never discussed jewelry of any kind.

"I love you." I said to him.

"I love you too, I'm glad you like it, it was my favorite too." He said flashing me a small grin then turning his eyes back to the road.

I almost forgot that he had a "second surprise for me. How much in a day could one girl take?

"Now I want you to close your eyes." He said with a smile.

"Phil." I said with more tone than I expected.

"Just close them." He says removing one of his hands from the wheel and gently taking ahold of mine. "For me?"

How could I resist him, my fiancee. Ooh what a new, weird word that is.

I closed my eyes, and tried my best to keep them closed, then he caught me peeking.

"Hey!" He joked. "No looking"

"Fine, fine."I said crossing my arms and putting on a fake , playful scowl.

Then I felt the car stop and I heard him turn off the engine.

"Can I look now?" I said my eyes still tightly closed.

"Not yet, hold on." He said. Then I heard his car door shut.

"Phil? Phil?" I asked the car knowing he wasn't inside.

Then my door opened and I could hear him again.

"Now take my hands." He said as his hands slipped into mine.

I could tell what he wanted me to do, so I got out of the car with his assistance.

"Ok now stand right here." He said as he centered me. "Now open um"

I couldn't believe what was before my eyes.

The porch swing, the wrap around deck, the green beautiful grass, the stream over to my right just a hundred yards away. It was the house. The one out of the fifty that we looked at that I LOVED!

"But you said you didn't like this one." I asked him squeezing his hand.

"Yes." He said squeezing my hand back. "But I love you so therefore I love this one."

Then apparently I had a surprise for him, one that I hadn't planned on giving him so soon.