We Are Safe

ALEX

He thinks I didn't notice. He thinks that because he didn't say anything innappropriate that I wouldn't see what was going on. I could tell he still had feelings for her.

Maybe he didn't even notice that his body language changed, that he cheeks went red, his muscles tensed up that his voice changed octaves. After he hung up with her after what felt like an hour of talking, about nothingness, he pulled me close to him and cuddled with me, as if that could actually help me feel better.

I knew I couldn't just shove him away, it's not like he actually did anything wrong.

She is richer, more beautiful, thinner and more confident but most importantly; she's a complete bitch, at least that's what Kate would tell me.

She would say that Ericas a lying bitch and that Derek upgraded when he started dating me. She would boost my confidence by saying that I'm a real woman and not some wanna be model that treats people like shit to feel better about herself.

Dereks hands were heating me up as they continued to wrap around me. I could feel his arm's muscles as he held me in his supposed to be soothing grip. Derek is sexy. Derek has always been sexy. The moment his hands laid on my bare back while getting his massage I knew I wanted him, but I hadn't been the first one.

There was no doubt in my mind that Erica also crissened that massage table of his. His oiled hands had ran over her body so many times I bet not even he could count them, but it is over, right? He doesn't harbor any feelings for her anymore.

"How's Erica?" I asked him then gulping down my throat, was I nervous too. Why am I nervous? He chose me. He loves me. He is holding me!

"She's worried." He said taking a stray strand of my hair and tucking it behind my ear.

I BET SHE'S GOD DAMN WORRIED!

"Is she going to help us?" I asked with a forced smile.

"She called S.W.A.T., they should be here soon. Everything will be fine." He spoke in such a soothing voice I almost could believe him.

"Any changes with the men?" Phil asks us.

"Nope, they are just sitting in their van. The other van hasn't come back or anything. From my count, though I can't be sure there are maybe three men in the van outside." Derek says to Phil then smiling at me.

"Five to three, I like those odds, don't you?"

ERICA

I was greatly tempted to call Derek again, with nothing else to do while litterally sitting on the side of the road. Talking to him was the first time I had felt actual happiness in days. His words still clung to me, old words he hadn't spoken in months.

"I love you. I will take care of you. You are my sweetheart. We are going to be parents."

It almost made me cry when I thought about how bad I had ruined everything.

I pushed him away.

I made him believe that I didn't need him.

I told him I was glad I wasn't having another baby.

I wish I could tell him that I miss him. I wish I could say how much he meant to me, that I didn't see our time together as just some fling and I hope he didn't either.

Looking back I feel full of regret. Why had I stayed with Phil so long even though I knew my deep passionate feelings for him had long dissappeared? Why had I chosen to live in a house with a man that I was cheating on?