Chapter 110

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

Dear readers I am back with the next chappie.

___________

On the way towards Azfahan.

Amiza slunk through the darkness towards the place that was off limits to her right now. But tried as she might, she just couldn't bring herself to sleep safely in her cozy bed and warm room, while the other occupant of her room was left in the damp and cold courtyard for another so called mistake of hers. Amiza shuddered when she remembered the scene of that afternoon. Her sister had thrown the food that their father had wanted to feed her. It was from the bowl that he left unwashed and open whole night. And Adara had flat out refused. Thuraiz had been beside himself with rage. He had backhanded her and when she had slipped and hit the pillar, her cheek had been hurt and bleeding. Adara had hissed with pain. Thuraiz had fisted the food that Adara had pushed away and tried to force it inside her mouth. Adara's eyes had watered with the sheer strength of her refusal. Amiza had stood there along with their other family members as she watched them pleadingly to do something, anything to save her sister. They had stood in their places without a care for the girl they called sister, daughter... Amiza had sobbed but one look at the hardened features of her mother had taken the fight out of her.

Thuraiz had snatched a whip from the wall and begun to use it on her sister, who had her eyes closed but her chin tilted up in rebellion.

Amiza still didn't understand the pride that ran through her sister's veins, the strength, the courage to face their father's lunacy. She couldn't. Her sister was named after the fire, but Amiza believed her to be the mountain. She just didn't erode even one percent, under the pressure of their father's torture. She was the brightest light Amiza had witnessed and just by being there she was lighting up their dark home.

Her sister had been left to face the cold of the night as punishment. Amiza couldn't let that happen. No. She couldn't.

Amiza jolted awake. Her subconscious mind was trying to grasp on to the dream that was more of a memory. She hd been twelve then. She had been so scared to find Adara, unconscious and burning in fever in the courtyard. She had been wet and shivering. And yet she had still had the proud clench of her jaw intact. Amiza had continued to wonder where her sister got the guts from. How did she bear everything thrown at her and still proclaim their... no her  father to be a liar? Now she didn't need to wonder anymore. Adara was that courageous even in the face of adversities because the tawheed ran deep and sure in her veins. She had been snatched away from here, brought up in the midst of a family that was the crown of shirk in the other land that was seeped in black magic and yet she had refused to bow down to the fire or the teachings of Thuraiz. She had been well protected even in the midst of the enemy's lair. She had been prayed for and loved even in her absence. She had a family but she didn't know about it yet and their prayers had been her shield a long time before she had met them. But where did that leave Amiza? If Adara was a long lost princess of this land then who was Amiza to Adara? Amiza's heart clenched. Will she loose her sister? Her only family in this strange land? 

She sighed and that was the moment she realised that she was in an unfamiliar place. She blinked. The ground seemed to be shaking. Why was she jostling so much? She tried to get up but a sudden hit to her head, rendered her unconscious again.

"Maahim? Why did you hit her? She haven't yet eaten!" A woman in the cart said. "This will not be good for what we have planned for her."

"It's better if we wake her up when we have stopped somewhere. That way we won't have to deal with the tantrum she is about to throw around." Maahim said as she watched Amiza's helpless form.