Chapter 57🔪

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem •

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

———————

Murtaza nodded to the servant and asked him to get back inside. His heart was asking him to return inside and enquire about the Prince's presence in the mansion. Everything else could wait but not enquiring about what the royals' business was here. He turned towards the young boy and was about to tell him to wait while he sorted out the mansion first. But the boy was already speaking.

"My grandmother sent me." He said as a way of greeting. "She wanted me to reach here and tell Murtaza that she has something of his." The boy said. Murtaza heard him in confusion.

"Something of mine?" Murtaza asked in puzzlement.

"Yes. I don't know what she meant by that. Also there was some girl waiting beside my grandmother as she asked me to give you this message. She was the one who had to repeat your name to my grandmother. So I think the girl must know what thing of yours my grandmother has." The boy told him.

Murtaza stiffened and watched the boy closely. The boy seemed pretty carefree and innocent to him. So the message he had brought didn't exactly appear threatening or sinister. But were the people who sent it as innocent as this boy? Or was there another agenda behind it? He shook away his doubts and concentrated on the boy, who was again watching around with wide eyes.

"Do you know the name of that girl?" Murtaza questioned him again.

"No I don't but she looked just like you." The boy told him as he watched Murtaza's face closely. Murtaza's heart stuttered. A sudden wave of hope constricted his throat and his lips parted as he uttered a name.

"Marwah..." His voice was broken yet through the cracks, the hope emerged in strong waves. He gasped and held the boy firmly by his shoulders. "Just like me you say?" The boy was surprised and appeared a little taken aback, as he tried to free himself from Murtaza's hold.

"Yes just like you. Can you please let me go now?" The boy pleaded as Murtaza's hold tightened in anticipation of his answer. Murtaza hastily apologized and broke into a surprised laughter before checking himself. He looked around to see if anyone had caught his crazy behavior, but was relieved to see that he was all alone with this young boy who had brought him the best news of some time. He smiled.

"Please lead the way." Murtaza requested. The boy watched him warily before nodding and turning back.

Murtaza was thrown back to their times in Jazeeb, where their selected friends used to tell them that his sister looked just like him, albeit feminine. He used to laugh but his heart used to feel so happy at that. He had always wanted a sister who he could love unlimitedly. Muntaha on the other hand used to pout and retort that Marwah loved him more anyways. And hearing the same thing once more had somehow assured him that the girl who was at this boy's home was none other than Marwah herself.

Murtaza turned towards the inside of the mansion one last time and was about to follow the boy, who had already begun to take steps towards the exit, when his eyes connected with Amiza's, who had just exited the outer hall and was standing between two women, one of whom he recognized as the Queen of Anazirah. Behind them he could see his mother with Rushi and the noblewoman Raihana. Saima was visible at the extreme edge of the corridor. He stiffened. What exactly was happening here? His heart questioned again. He wanted to barge in and demand answers from Amiza, who seemed to be in the centre of the whole drama. Her eyes had widened in shock and then she had paled before she had looked away from him. Her whole body was trembling. His heart lurched and he seemed to be pulled in two directions. But worry for Marwah preceded his worry for Amiza and he turned towards the exit behind the boy, leaving a shocked Amiza, who had expected him to come inside and question her at least. Her heart shattered as she realized that there was no way she could get out of going to the palace. Her eyes began to burn.