Chapter 111

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu
I am back!
And I hope you all had a good time.
What were you all upto?
Here u go without further delay!

_______________

Stay...
Just some seconds, so I can watch you some more,
Just some seconds, so I can freely adore,
So I can make sure that you are safe,
So I can sink the peace to my core...
I have often felt like I am at sea,
Adrift and abandoned,
The waves wash over me,
Overwhelming, drowning me, tearing me apart,
And you are right in sight,
My safe shore...
But then you disappear,
As the sea roar.
So stay...
Just some seconds, so I can reach you unharmed,
Become the beacon of hope,
because I cannot handle it anymore...
Just stay...

The safe house.

"Sidratul Muntaha..."

Sidra stiffened and turned. Arsalan was standing before her along with Zuhayr, Hudhud and Ajdaan. They were watching her with shock and something akin to reluctance. She understood before they said any words what they would actually say to her. She hardened herself. Each person that were standing before her right then was someone she respected a lot. They were her teachers and father figures. But she wouldn't stop for anyone of them. Because it was Amiza on the other end. And in the scales of importance, she was far heavier. Sidra wouldn't even care to deny it.

"Arsalan." She responded, bringing her eyes back to the person who had called out for her. He was watching her with anger and disappointment.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to follow them Arsalan! I cannot sit here while she takes my sister away from me." Sidra replied.

"And we will! But riding off without resting or even healing is not an answer to this! Let Jibreel come. It won't take much time now. We need to sit and discuss about this before riding off in haste."

"Jibreel will have to understand why it is that I couldn't wait Arsalan. Jibreel will have to understand why I rushed through this. Believe me! It pains me to do this but I do not regret it. I do not regret putting the whole world on hold while I search for her because she is my priority. I promised myself to keep her safe and I am just fulfilling it." She told him. He looked pained. There was a helplessness in his eyes that she didn't understand.

"And riding off with such less preparation while you are not even in best state is the way to fulfill this?" Arsalan inquired.

"Then come with me. And make sure I do not die." Sidra snapped at him. "Instead of standing before me and questioning me regarding my actions!"

Arsalan stilled as he watched her. She was the only one he would allow to snap at him. And she was the only one for whom he could march to the fiercest war without a moment's notice. For her, he could fight battles upon battles to keep her safe. And he wouldn't refuse her much. He couldn't refuse her... He closed his eyes. Yet... the only person who could demand his loyalty, duty and heart more than she could, was in dire need of his assistance. And he couldn't fulfill Sidra's wish right now because Hareem demanded it from him. And if there was anyone else who could dictate his actions more than Sidra could, it was Hareem. He felt himself tearing into two. He wished he could go with Sidra while he could help Hareem, but he couldn't. His helplessness continued...

"Sidratul Muntaha..." He replied sadly. Sidra watched the emotions play on his face. She knew him very well. There wasn't much he would refuse her. But if he was refusing her something, there must be a reason. So she smiled sadly, not that he could see it right then.