Chapter 49👸🏽

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu...

Above is the picture of how I imagine Anazirah to be like. At least a part of it. Not the whole of the city. There are changes of course. But this is a general picture. And I usually imagine the castle to be in the centre with the city spread around. Anyways this picture doesn't belong to me and this is taken from the google images and belong to it's respective owner. I do not claim any part of it. Now that thats done. Enjoyyyy...

_________________

The night shone with countless stars covering the skies. They appeared like studded jewels scattered across the galaxy. It was perfection created by the Ultimate Perfection. The climate was misty though and a little chilly even with the clear night.

Murtaza walked towards the lone building standing upon the hill a little far away from the city of Vanha. His shoulders were pushed back and tense with countless feelings and thoughts playing havoc on his peace. He hadn't slept a wink since two nights now and was at his' wits end.

The news about Marwah's disappearance was leaking out and it was more dangerous for Marwah right now. He had to find her as soon as he could. The responsibility of finding her and the sheer urge to see her safe was pushing him to an impossible limit. He was answerable to many people for Marwah. The very thought about his father's face when he found out about this, was torturous for him. How would he face his father? And Muntaha... His heart lurched. It was a common knowledge that Marwah was Muntaha's baby. If it was Muntaha handling this, he would have overturned Vanha inside out by now and found out Marwah. But Murtaza's hands were tied. He could only hope for the King's return as he searched for his' sister.

Murtaza sighed as he walked further uphill and corrected his hood, to cover his face. His gait was hasty but firm. He lifted his head once and watched the worn out but large looming building that seemed fearsome in the dark night. He furrowed his brows as he increased his pace.

Rushi had told him that Saima had mentioned a brother, who lived in this old orphanage. Their parents were long gone. Saima was the sole guardian of her eleven year old brother, whose name she had mentioned as Absaar. Saina loved him too much, but couldn't afford a house for the both of them. She had entered him in the orphanage and visited him often.

Amiza had been keeping an eye out for Saima and she had observed nothing out of ordinary except Saima appearing guilty at various times. Rushi had been scouring in Vanha today for further information, in his stead.

Murtaza reached at the top of the hill and lifted his head as he watched the worn down, old building. It was made up of chipped bricks and appeared to be slightly leaning towards it's right as it stood tall in the night. The building was two storeyed and the roof were made up of tin sheets, mounted on wooden support beams. The windows were all tiny and the walls appeared dirty.

Murtaza took the last remaining steps and stood before the heavy wooden door. He exhaled all his nervousness before lifting the heavy, brass, lion head shaped knocker and knocking firmly on the door. The knock sounded dangerous and loud in the quiet surroundings. Murtaza waited with baited breath as he tried to hear any sounds from the other side of the door.

The sleepy orphanage drowsily woke up and suddenly he heard footsteps on the other side of the foor. The small cracks in the old door filtered the candle light from within and his heart leapt. There was a sudden hope taking birth in his chest.

"Bismillah!" He whispered just as the door was pulled open. The door creaked as it opened and a stern old man lifted his lantern high in the air, to maximize the area lighted up. Murtaza confidently removed his hood and pierced the old man with his eagle eyes. The old man frowned. He was lean but appeared strong and brave. The man looked him from head to toe and bit his lips. His grey eyes were lit up with confusion.