Chapter 79💔

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem•

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

_______________

Sidra ducked as an arrow swooshed towards her and swirled on her spot as she heard him behind her. She blocked his sword on her own and then transformed Jahad into a spear with which she began to parry his attacks. She fended an attack easily and blocked his sword on the ground using another dagger to attack him. She knew she couldn't physical harm him because he was much stronger, so she had to bring him to defeat by bringing him to her sword tip. Yet until now she hadn't been able to do it. It was already a month since she began training under him and a little over fifteen days since Nazlee began to accompany her to her lessons with him. Initially, he paid Nazlee no attention but then she requested him to teach her too and after he trained Sidra for an hour, some of the time he allotted to Nazlee. Arsalan was a fierce warrior and defeating him would be another step towards victory for Sidra.

Nazlee smiled at her when she caught her eye. Sidra smiled back. Today she was feeling feverish. Her head ached and her eyes were watering. Arsalan had refused to let her miss her lesson though. She warded off another attack on her dagger and let his sword free from her spear as she sniffled and stood straight, facing him with watery eyes. He felt a painful twist in his heart. She looked pained and her pain was making him feel terrible. She blinked her eyes and waited for him to attack but he lowered his weapon.

"Go. You won't be able to withstand this much longer. Go to Kaamla and get your medicines before you take rest. It's enough for today." She stared at Arsalan with shock for some moments. This was the first time he was showing her a little leniency while they fought. Mostly to her, he was harsh. But with Nazlee he was very respectful and sweet. "Go!" He thundered. Sidra huffed as she dragged her feet towards Nazlee and after a quick word to her, she began to make her way towards Kaamla's cave, while Arsalan's eyes followed her. Nazlee chuckled at Arsalan and unsheathed her sword as she took her position before him. Arsalan watched he in puzzlement.

"What?"

"You care about her very much and yet make her feel like she is a burden on you." Nazlee said.

"That is the only way I can ensure that my sanity is safe. If I do not do this, I am scared of what will ensue." Arsalan told her.

"Why does she interest you so much?" She asked him. He turned towards her and his eyes softened.

"She and I do not have only this relationship between us. We go way back." Arsalan said. Nazlee frowned.

"I don't understand."

"You won't and I cannot tell you anything right now."

"But at least give me a hint."

"It's related to her family."

"What has her family got to do with you?"

"I cannot tell you anything more and even this I beg of you to keep quiet about." Arsalan pleaded. Nazlee blinked at him reassuringly. These days she had actually understood Arsalan a bit more. She had requested him to teach her so she could gain information about his behaviour. And now she had understood that Sidra wasn't in any danger from him. He couldn't hurt her in any way even if he would have wanted to which he didn't. He taught her because of the insistence from his chief and her's.

Nazlee and Arsalan had developed a bond due to their shared care for Sidra. But now that bond had increased to become friendship between the two and respect. Arsalan trusted her enough to give her some tidbits about the things he knew about. Nazlee liked the fearsome warrior.

They continued to parry and Arsalan showed her the various ways she could increase her concentration in a fight and also pay attention to her surroundings. He showed her how to defend herself from an attack if it comes from the back.