Chapter 90🔜

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem•

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

Back on track finally. From now on we will go forward with new chapters dear readers. For those who have stayed by my side and stuck to Sidratul Muntaha, you have no idea how much this love and support means to me.

_________________

Sidra was chuckling as Marwah entertained her with Muntaha's childhood. She and Marwah had built a quick friendship as they were both easy to get along with. Marwah genuinely seemed to like her as she spoke about her brothers and herself.

"What about you?" Marwah asked Sidra.

"What about me?" Sidra enquired.

"Tell me something about your childhood too. Were you mischievous?" Marwah asked her.

"She is not the person you should ask. Ask me about her." They heard Amiza answer before Sidra could and turned to see her enter with Rushi, who herself had a soft smile. Sidra smiled in delight.

They proceeded to sit on the bed on the other side of Sidra. Marwah looked at them in curiously.

"Then you only tell me. Was she mischievous?" Marwah asked again. Sidra chuckled.

"No she was rebellious. Never accepted anything without a clear reason, unlike all the other girls. I was the mischievous one, but my mischiefs were never discovered, thanks to her." Amiza told her as she chuckled in reminiscence, then turned towards her elder sister who was watching her like she was memorizing her face. "How did you always know where to find me?" She asked Sidra, who smiled and turned away.

"I kept one of my eyes trained on you always. You were not good in hiding your thoughts." Sidra replied gently. Amiza narrowed her eyes.

"I was excellent at it. No one could find out."

"Because they never expected you to be the problematic one. I had that crown." Sidra laughed. "I knew each time you would do something. And every time it was to retaliate at someone who had tried to harm me. And when that happened I kept my eye out for your movements. I never stopped you from doing your thing but I could never see you get punished. So I intervened after you had all the fun you wanted." Sidra told her. Amiza smiled softly.

"And that didn't stop ever, did it?" Amiza questioned tearfully.

"It never will. You are my responsibility. My family." Sidra told her as she held her hand in hers. Rushi smiled at the sisters along with Marwah.

"I wish you were with me in Anazirah but then I am grateful for your absence too. Had you been there, I would never have learned to discover myself or my resilience." Amiza told her.

"Did you never know how strong you are?" Sidra asked Amiza softly. "You say I always stood before you and protected you since our childhood but you forget that you have always fought my battles for me. You have defended me where no one did. You are strong and you are resilient. There is no doubt in that." Amiza hugged Sidra as she cried.

"I missed you so much. I thought you were dead but hoped that you were alive."

"I missed you too. I couldn't even think about you because if I allowed my mind to wonder about you my heart would shatter. I used to keep your name away from my head and put shackles around my heart so I wouldn't throw everything away and rush to you. I needed you safe from my pursuers." Sidra said. They spoke to each other about various topics and brought each other up to date with each other's lives.

"So you are married to Muntaha now? Great! That makes him my brother in law." Amiza laughed.

"Whats so great about it?" Marwah shook her head. "He is a very strict man. I pity you." She told Sidra who nodded playfully.