Prologue

Bismillahi Rrahmaani Rraheem•

Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu•

For the readers who refuse to let go,
for the ones who never allow me to fall low.

___________________

The night was too dark. The wind howled as it created a perfect symphony with the hooting owls of the forest. The leaves rustled violently adding it's own contribution to the nature's song. The Valley of Qamar was asleep silently, unaware of the news that was traveling towards it in the darkness of the night. The Valley was shrouded with the mist and cocooned by the Mountains of Ghazdaan from all sides. The forest within the large valley was thick but familiar to the habitants. Lanterns had already been put out and the doors had been shut for the night.

The Valley  housed two and half thousand homes. They were a hidden group, escaping from all the outsiders since centuries. Their world had been away from prying eyes and no one had ever been able to find their where abouts except the King of Ghazdaan, who had promised to let them be, in return of their help whenever he needed it. This group was known by the name of Reeh because of the speed and skill they exhibited in whatever they did. They were ace fighters and trained their young ones from the time they learned walking. They were harsh where it was needed and soft when they had to be. Nobody crossed Reeh and survived. Their's skill was unmatched. They were avid listeners and keen observers. They moved like they were shadows of the night. Each man was trained to be equivalent to a hundred. They spied but no one ever caught them or their abodes. Every some fifty years the tribe of Reeh moved their locations to make sure that they remained untraceable. The Valley had been their abode for fifteen years and they had somehow been found out by King Muhammad Ibn Saleh, the ruler of Ghazdaan. The King had been friendly and supportive of them and except his sworn brother Zuhayr ibn Ahmad, he hadn't revealed the location of Reeh to anyone on the tribe's request. Years had passed forging friendships and brotherhood between the tribe and the King.

The chief of the tribe was Abdul Hakeem, who was aged above seventy. He was a wise man with a heart of gold. His wisdom and knowledge had always benefited Reeh. He had seen in his life two migrations of his tribe and in his wake his tribe had become much more abled than it was before. They specialized even in healing. Their matters of religion was strictly ruled by the Quran and the sunnah. For them the world meant a traveler's way to his actual destination.

That night, when the day had darkened and the darkness had devoured the sounds of human life, one man stood on his Musallah, in prayer to his Rabb, the Master of the universes. His lips moved in sincere prayers and his hands were lifted towards the heavens. In his eyes were tears of love and fear. His name was Hudhud Ibn Zaman, the head of the warriors of Reeh. He was twenty five and had surpassed the best of the warriors of Reeh. His abilities were far more ahead than everyone of their tribe. He was also the sworn brother of King Muhammad. They had promised each other their lives if need be and he was not a man who took his oaths in jest.

The night darkened some more, when he heard it. The sound of hooves. The wind was howling, yet his keen ears had never been mistaken about anything before. He frowned. No one outside the valley knew the way to come inside the valley apart from two. His heart thundered at the possibilities. He inhaled sharply and stood up in haste, moving towards his sword in a hurry. Arming himself with the thing he relied on most after his Lord, he pushed the door of his hut open and stepped out to investigate.

Hudhud moved stealthily towards the only entrance of the valley not far from his home. The warriors' homes were situated right near the entrance, so they could defend it whenever it was needed. He stood at the entrance of the long passage that led to the opening of the valley and waited. He didn't have to wait much longer. Before he could finish the Ayat al Kursi he was reciting, he could see a figure at the opening.