1. Irrational Crush

oneinamilliontzuyu -astrodad jtpruett14 so... you want to see some Alicent and Taelon you say?!

+

"When are you going let me take you for a spin Alicent?" Taelon mused. Alicent stared back up at him in a daze of happiness. "On Ragnarok," he clarified. 

"I have my studies." Alicent reminded him. "Very busy... another time perhaps?"

"Sure. " Taelon agreed breezily. "You alright sweet heart?" Taelon put a hand to her cheek. "You're hot." Alicent could not breathe. "And perhaps a little blue." Taelon remarked.

Her mouth moved wordlessly as a pant of a breath escaped her. Why was she like this? He was just being friendly and she was acting like a loon about to pass out and not able to string a sentence together.

"Alicent?" Taelon asked and she tried to stand up but her knees gave out. Taelon caught her sitting her back down. He knelt in front of her keeping her balanced.

"Im... fine." She whispered.

"Sure. You look it." Taelon mused. Alicent put her hands on his shoulders his strong broad shoulders.

"Taelon-" he glanced back at Tommen and Jaime.

"Im alright." Alicent assured. Taelon looked her over as she leaned back into the carriage.

"You sure?" Taelon countered. "I can blow them off." Taelon offered.

"Im sure." Alicent agreed softly. Taelon kissed her cheek as he got up running after his friends.

For as long as Taelon and Nyra lived in the castle Alicent loved Taelon. It was an irrational crush. She knew that. Taelon was the heir. Older. Handsome. Perfect. So perfect.

But that didnt stop Alicent from falling for him. She looked to Rhaenyra as she landed but her mind was still on Taelon. She knew that if Rhaenyra knew of her crush really knew that Alicent fantasized about Taelon she would lose her best friend. She was also quite certain that Taelon thought of herself as another sister.

Which was severely disappointing, depressing, and only made her even more awkward when they were together.

'Try not to look too relieved, ser.' Rhaenyra said with a grin as she walked past him and her dragon, syrax was brought back into the cave. Targaryen's and their dragons she heard Ragnarok grumbling from inside. Taelon was home.

'I am relieved. Every time that golden beast brings you back unspoiled, it saves my head from a spike.' Westerling called after her but she ignored him as she always did when it came to his or anyone else's concerns with her dragons. Taelon didnt get reprimanded for his flying why should she?

'Syrax is growing quickly. She'll soon be as large as Caraxes.' Alicent remarked trying to hide the blush from her cheeks from her talk with Taelon.

'That's almost large enough to saddle two.' Rhaenyra told her closest friend. But Rhaenyra was the wild one and Alicent the tame.

'I believe I'm quite content as a spectator, thank you.' Alicent assured her as the dragon keeper Elder started speaking in High Valyrian talking to the dragon trying to get her calm and inside. "That is why you have Prince Taelon is it not? To join you on your wild adventures." Alicent offered. Even saying his name. Gods. Taelon. She tried to keep the blush from her cheeks and her tone calm and even.