60. Cock Shot

"I need to fly. Clear my head." Taelon remarked as he rolled out of bed. "I think I'm going to bring Maekar get him used to flying."

"Sounds great." Alicent agreed as she kissed him.

"Alicent Im really sorry I couldnt change my fathers mind."

"Its... its not your fault." Alicent assured. "My father is pushy. He... it doesnt matter. Its okay."

"Hes your dad..."

"At a certain point in a womans life she doesnt need her father. She needs her husband. I need you. If I have you and the kids then its all I need." Alicent assured hugging him tight.

+

''Good morrow, Lady Rhea.''

''Cousin.'' Rhae answered.

''What's today's quarry?'' he pondered ''Rabbit?''

''Deer.'' She corrected

''Oh. Fine challenge." Gerold offered. "I saw a scroll-"

"Snooping through my things?" Rhae countered and Gerold let out a stiff breath.

"Thorin. The protrait. It's beautiful."

"Taelon is an excellent artist." Rhae agreed.

"Do you miss him?"

"I did the right thing. Thorin has a better life than I ever could have given him," rhae countered. "I did the right thing. Im happy Taelon loves him. That Alicent cares for him... I did the right thing."

"Of course... Im sorry for snooping." Gerold offered as she headed back to the castle. "Good fortune to you cousin.' He called after her. Birds were squawking in the distance as Rhae rode farther away but suddenly her horse snorted and neighed coming to an abrupt halt

'Husband. What brings you to the Vale?'' Rhae said stiffly as she looked down at Daemon. ''Or have you at last come to consummate our marriage? The Vale's sheep might be willing, even if I'm not.'' Daemon approached her slowly. ''Our sheep are prettier, after all.'' She recalled word of him saying that and thought she might throw it back in his face. ''Or perhaps your brother has at last had his fill of your company. Cast you aside yet again for Taelon. Such a fine king Taelon will make.'' Daemon still said nothing as he got closer, her horses shifted uneasy before him.

''What will you do now? Will you strike-'' Rhae began when Daemon lunged forward her horse bucked sending Rhae flying off getting crushed under his weight. Her horse whinnied as Rhae grunted, she winced, and whimpered as Daemon stepped down on her arm.

He could never know about Thorin, Daemon would surly kill Thorin, being the heir to runestone. She bit her tongue as she saw fury in his eyes as he picked up a rock bludgeoning her head in.

+

''A moment. I do not wish to see you go.'' Alicent said running up to her father.

''Such is the King's decision.'' Otto reminded her solemnly.

''A decision I most bitterly regret.'

''And yet, you made it possible. You and the prince chose Rhaenyra.'' Otto reminded her.

''She swore her innocence, and I believed her.'' Alicent retorted through whimpered breaths.

''You wanted to believe her, Taelon wanted to believe her, as did their father'.

''Your informant was wrong. An honest mistake, perhaps, but I did not foresee this!'' Alicent countered "Ser Tommen-"

''You should have.'' Otto warned. "You should have foreseen it!"