81. Demolish The Competition

Thorin was competing in the jrs division. He was not happy about it. Yes Taelon had agreed to the competition but Thorin was more advanced than his aged competitors. 

"I'm ten I'm not a damn junior." Thorin had griped when they arrived but Taelon shook his head with a sigh. 

This was Thorin's first competition, he would be fighting against kids his own age, ten to 13. He was on the lower end of the age range, sure Taelon knew Thorin was better but it was his first fight. Taelon didnt want him to embarrass himself or get nervous seeing the other boys, seeing how big they were how experienced. Although there were not many boys in the younger range, only a few that had their 13th name day the rest were elder. In the higher training divisions for tourneys and competitions, Taelon hoped this would be good practice. 

"Not a junior. I'm a man." Thorin declared. 

"Tough luck, win and I see about moving you up." Taelon countered. Thorin had grumbled but Taelon countered again "wouldnt you want to win first against boys your own age then come in second or not even place against the elder boy?" Thorin thought about that. "A first place win, wouldnt that be something. Your first match and you win..."

"Fine. But when I demolish the competition then we talk about big leagues." Thorin said and Taelon couldnt tell if it was a request of a demand but Taelon knew that if Thorin wanted to be king, not just Lord of Runestone no one would stop him. 

"But Mama!" Maekar begged. 

"No. Your father said no. So no." ALicent corrected holding Maekar hostage in her arms. Aegon and Maekar were tall with long arms and legs while Thorin was built, tall but broad shoulders, a wide stance. 

"Make me the villain." Taelon mused. 

"It is true." ALicent offered innocently. 

"After you got on your knees and begged so pretty." Taelon whispered kissing along her neck she blushed leaning into him. 

"Taelon." Alicent giggled out. 

"Come on Thorin, kick their asses!" Taelon declared with a clap. 

"That will be you one day." Tommen was telling Loki as he stared around wide eyed at the competitors around them. 

"Give me the baby." Davina requested taking Loki from Tommen. 

"My baby." Tommen corrected reaching for Loki. 

"Baby fever. I'm keeping him." Davina corrected. 

"Best listen to her.' Gaena offered as she kissed Tommen's cheek. 

"I'm starving, you want something to eat before the match begins?" Taelon pondered. 

"I can help." Aislynn declared jumping up. Taelon scooped her up. 

"Hey, you munchkins want food?" Taelon questioned. The over all consensus was duh. "Harwin, Criston... dont lose my children." Taelon instructed as he plopped Aislynn on his shoulders. "Tommen you are in charge." 

"Duh." Tommen agreed smiling back at him. 

"I will help you." ALicent offered getting up. 

"Thorin is excited but I think when he wins he will be demanding real tournaments by his next name day." Taelon remarked. 

"Well he is a born fighter, warrior, just like you." ALicent agreed. "No matter what I'm proud of him and you. You have proven to everyone what a wonderful king, wonderful father and wonderful husband you are. Our children could not have had a better role model."

"Well they got your heart." Taelon remarked before taking one more step closer to her, their bodies practically pressed together. He placed his hands on the sides of her face and swooped his head in for a kiss. He pressed his lips roughly to her. If he hadn't held to her waist she was sure her knees would have given out. He made her weak in the knees. 

 The feeling of his lips on hers was breathtaking. One hand still cupping her face, he let his other hand travel down from her waist to her hip, squeezing it tightly and pulling her forward so they were pressed even tighter against each other. She wrapped her arms around his waist, letting her hands slide under his shirt, fingers edging under the waistband of his pants, trailing along his muscled back. 

"Aww!" Aislynn declared smiling down at them. 

"Forgot you were up there, such a little thing you are." Taelon mused as she tapped on his head, Alicent chuckled resting her cheek on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her. 

"Food time?" Aislynn questioned reaching for the fries. "Dont forget the mushy red stuff, it makes them better." 

"I got it." Taelon agreed. Alicent pressed her fingers to her lips like she could hold the flavor and feel of him in longer. "Coming gorgeous?" 

When Thorin got up he looked to the bleachers to see his family rise up, cheering him on joyously. 

When he won he demolished the competition. Thorin locked eyes with Taelon as he was declared the victor. Taelon knew they were in for trouble for the next tournament because was ready for the big leagues.