61. Give Me A Baby

My tears ricochet // Alicent Hightower out now!!

''An outsider... among the natives.'' Larys strong said as Alicent approached him in the gardens at the capital

''Lord Larys.'' Alicent remarked she couldnt get the mental image of little Taelon and Tommen punching him in the cock though.

''Malvales. A rare bloom. Indigenous to Braavos. By all rights, it shouldn't be thriving here. Nature... such mystery.'' Larys remarked he gripped to his cane as he looked over at her.

''The weather has been lovely.'' Alicent remarked softly. She heard Avalon and Emma's laughs as the boys danced and sang around the room. 

''Indeed.'' Larys agreed ''And yet it is a dark day for the realm. Your father was a good man.''

''As is yours who took his place.'' Alicent informed him. "It's okay... he... I think it is for the best." 

''Interesting you say that," Larys countered. 

"Why?" Alicent countered. 

"Well, the manner of your father's departure... it feels something of an injustice.'' Larys remarked and Alicent stiffened as the thunder raged on around them. 

'What do you know of the matter of his leaving?" Alicent questioned stepping forward. He didnt believe in Taelon, he wanted to put falsehood in her head about her own children and their future. Lord Strong would be better. Do better. At least that was the hope. 

''When one is never invited to speak, one learns instead to, um... observe. You're perhaps in need of an ally?' Larys suggested cautiously.

''I have ally's." Alicent countered. "I have better than ally's I have friends. True and loyal... a husband that loves me..."

''And naturally the Princess Rhaenyra, as well.'' Larys agreed sarcastically.

''State your purpose, my lord.'' Alicent demanded.

''Uh... I did wonder if she could be relied upon now that she is... unwell.''

''Unwell? I haven't heard anything.'' Alicent countered although since her little rondayvu with Daemon she hadnt heard much of Rhaenyra. 

''Begging your pardon, my lady, I may be mistaken. It's just that on the very same night your father was dismissed, the Grand Maester delivered a tea to the Princess's chambers.'' Larys informed her.

''A tea?''

'Yes.'' Larys agreed

''That the Grand Maester himself brought?'' Alicent questioned confused.

''At the direction of the King, as I understand it. I do hope she's not unwell.'' Larys said kindly.

''Rhaenyra sailed with the King to Driftmark yesterday at daybreak.'' Alicent but her brain began to spiral. Would Rhaenyra lie to both her and Taelon?

''Oh, what good news. I must've been in error. Oh, a relief.'' Larys told her taking unsteady steps towards her. ''See, I thought for Mellos himself, well... her condition must be something very serious. What happiness it is to have been wrong.''

+

"Taelon?" Alicent called back to him when he saw them dripping through the halls. 

"Alicent..." he answered dripping onto the floor a smile on his face. "Avalon wanted to catch raindrops and of course I said yes lets do that. They are good and dry and I'm still wet." He remarked and Alicent chuckled biting at her lip as his wet clothes clung to him.

"All our children are going to be adventurous just like you." Alicent remarked as Taelon started pulling off wet clothes.

"You were adventurous." Taelon corrected. "We traveled the damn world together." Taelon reminded her. "You have fire in you Alicent." Taelon declared and Alicent blushed looking him up and down. "Oh, are you distracted?" Taelon did a spin lifting his arms up to his sides.