102. Pummeled

''Soften your knees. Feet light.'' Criston remarked as the princes were training together in the courtyard.

''Keep your feet light and your hands heavy.'' Harwin instructed. He of course had taken a keen interest in the princess Rhaenyra's childrens training. Of course he was trying to keep his distance but he still loved the boys, they were his and he... he needed to be there for them. Even if he had tried to severe ties with Rhaenyra.

''Don't stand too upright, my Prince. You'll get knocked down.'' Criston warned and Aegon let out a grunt of distaste. ''Aegon.'' Criston began.

''I've won my first bout, Ser Criston. My opponent sues for mercy.'' Aegon said pompously.

"Do they?" Emma questioned. "Maekar ass over here!" She added.

"Busy." Maekar corrected smiling up at Davina. "Where were we?"

"Listen to your sister before she kicks your ass." Davina warned.

"You never stood a chance with aunt Davina!" Emma added.

"Come on Maekar! We can play together!" Lila agreed dragging her toy sword behind her.

"She is right my prince." Criston corrected. Maekar slumped over to them.

''Well, you'll have a new opponent then, My Lord of the Straw. Let's see if you can touch me. You and your brother.'' Criston offered and Aegon and Maekar stepped forward, sparring swords lunging at criston but he was skilled warrior. The princes were yelling and grunting as they lunged and failed to knock criston down.

"You're making youself look bad!" Emma declared. "Criston is an old man and hes beating you!"

"You're not that old Ser criston." Avalon assured.

''You're gonna have to do better than that if you think you stand a chance with Davina." Taelon agreed and Davina rolled her eyes. "Loki you want to try against Aislynn. Careful though shes tough." Aislynn smiled back at Taelon before looking to Loki.

" Don't go easy on her. But also don't be too rough on her either." Tommen instructed. "But use your strengths be a gentleman and respectful."

"Kick as ass Aislynn." Lila countered and Loki stared back at her. "In a respectful way." She added giving loki a thumbs up.

''Ah. Weapons up, boys.'' Harwin remarked coming up to Rhaenrya's... his own children. ''Give your enemies no quarter.'' Harwin glanced over at Criston and Aegon and Maekar. Of course the other princes more attention. They were fighting in tournaments joust they need to learn they were older and stronger taller they could handle more but still younger children need a training. He looked low-key he was just as young as Luke and yet Taelon was making sure he got training alongside his children. Harwin also knew that Taelon was not happy with Rhaenyra or Harwin but the children were innocent... a stupid act on their part but jace and luke had no part in it.

Taelon was always kind to the boys. Always loved them even when he hated their true parents. But it seemed like a personal jab today.

''It seems the younger boys could do better with a bit of your attention... Ser Criston.'' Harwin remarked and Criston turned to him stiffly.

''You question my method of instruction, ser?'' Criston asked calmly.

''Oh, I merely suggest that method be applied to all your pupils'' Harwin suggested nodding to Jace and Luke.

''Very well. Jacaerys... come here.'' Criston agreed ''You spar with Aegon.'' Aegon chuckled seeing his younger cousin step forward nervously. ''Eldest son against eldest son.''