127. Forgiveness

5 Years Later

Coming back to the capital after all this time Rhaenyra felt like a stranger. Three years ago, Taelon had invited her back but she couldnt. He may have forgiven her but she had not yet forgiven herself. 

Jace and Luke asked for their uncle taelon and cousins. Little JOffrey wasnt so little anymore and hadnt know his cousins. He wanted to meet them. Harwin visited, stayed for moons at a time but they slept in separate beds, separate chambers, never kissed, didnt touch more than a hug. 

Rhaenyra hated herself. Taelon may have given his blessing but she fucked up. She hurt people, Taelon and his family had gotten hurt because of her egoistical ways. She thought she deserved the world, thought Taelon was being difficult and judgmental but now she saw things clearly. The time and the distance, Daemon not clouding her mind anymore. Not telling her lies that she made herself believe. 

Jace and Luke were thrilled, it had been forever but they were a bit nervous as well. Their cousins had become strangers and they scarcely recognized them.

"Gods almost back and we almost lost our princess." Tommen teased. "If that were to happen. It was Larys fault."

"Uncle Tommen!" Aegon laughed out.

"I'm kidding, I love Larys." Tommen assured. 

"It's not my fault, Cannibal and I like to go fast." Lila corrected when they landed. 

"I never thought mother would let you ride alone, ever." Maekar remarked. 

"I'm so mature." Lila corrected. "Maeve just needs to hold on tighter." 

"I'm want to ride with Loki next time." maeve decided. 

"Can you believe Thorin is getting married next moon?" Alicent questioned happily. "I'm so excited, she seems sweet."

"She seems a lot like Rhae." Taelon remarked as they walked the halls. "Next moon, they will be having kids in no time. But we will be grandparents sooner then that." 

"What do you mean?" Alicent questioned. 

"I saw Avalon bringing in a bundle of barley." Taelon remarked with a smirk. Alicent squealed running down the hall. 

"My babies are having babies!" Alicent declared.

"I feel silly!" Aislynn declared. 

"I know what I'm talking about." Avalon assured her. 

"SHe really does." Emma agreed. 

"Just pee on-''

"I heard you the first time Avalon but I dont understand how peeing on barley, getting the floor sticky with my urine will tell me anything!" Aislynn demanded. 

"If it blooms you are pregnant, its the most efficient test and least invasive says the maesters journals, you dont even want to know the other tests they try." Avalon declared and Emma shook her head in agreement. 

"It's gross." Emma agreed. 

"Should I get Aemond?" Aislynn pondered. "No, thats weird I dont want him to see me urinate on plants." Aislynn countered but a moment later. "alright, here goes nothing." 

"Is it working?" Emma questioned.

"Give it a moment." Avalon begged as Aislynn took a step back. 

"It's not doing anything." Aislynn agreed. 

"Give it a moment!" Avalon begged. 

"Mother why are you running?" Aemond questioned. 

"Your wife!" Alicent declared as she kept going. Aemond quirked a brow confused, that wasnt an answer he decided as he chased after her. 

"It's blooming!" Avalon declared as Alicent emerged through the door. "It's blooming!" 

"Does that really mean, am I?" Aislynn couldnt comprehend she put a hand to her stomach. 

"You're pregnant." Alicent declared and Aemond's jaw dropped. Aislynn hugged Alicent but her gaze shifted to Aemond 

"We are having a baby." Aislynn remarked when Alicent pulled away. Aemond moved silently to her, he pressed a long slow kiss to her lips as he pulled her closer. 

"We are going to be parents." Aemond whispered smiling into her. 

"Davina, wow look at that ring!" Gaena declared for the millionth time. She couldnt get over the fact that Davina married Larys. That she got married at all. Davina was very anti marriage. 

"Shut up about it." Davina requested. 

"I can't." Gaena corrected. 

"It's been moons." Davina begged. 

"And you did it in secret and I didnt get to come and fawn over you doting as you did with me on mine." Gaena agreed. 

"He asked, I said sure and I didnt want to make a big deal about it." Davina reminded her. "Nothing has changed besides this very nice ring." 

"Davina Strongaryen!" Gaena corrected. "Wow, it is really Targaryen of us, we married bothers." 

"Shut up about it!" Davina begged. "Hey, Loki, whats that face for?"

"Rhaenyra is here." Loki remarked. The sisters peered out over the balcony and saw Taelon approaching, giving the boys hugs. Watched them run off to say hello to their cousins. 

"This could be trouble." Davina remarked. 

"He forgave her, remember? She just took her sweet time getting here."

"Rhaenyra." Taelon remarked as Jace, Luke and Joffrey ran off. 

"Your grace." Rhaenyra curtsied before him. 

"Did you not get my ravens?"

"I did." Rhaenyra agreed. "I... I'm grateful, Taelon I'm really grateful you forgave me... but I had yet to forgive myself for what I did to you. To your family. The hell I put you through with my... princess privileges..."

"You are family too." Taelon reminded her and Rhaenyra nodded, tears spilled down her cheeks. "You and Harwin ever-"

"He stays at dragonstone, the boys needed a father but... he is just a friend."

"You need not lie to me." Taelon remarked. "I gave my blessing."

"It's not a lie. I promise... I... I needed to be alone. I wanted to be here but I couldnt... I wanted you... I wanted us to be a family. But I still hated myself for what I did to you, to my children, to the velaryons... Taelon I'm so sorry." Rhaenyra declared. "I'm so sorry. I miss you."

"Already forgiven." Taelon assured as he hugged her and he felt her tears soaking through his shirt as she clung to him. "I missed you love bug." Rhaenyra smiled a teary smile up at him as she heard footsteps on the courtyard gravel, it crunched beneath Alicent's feet. 

"Alicent, your grace." Rhaenyra remarked when Alicent approached.

"Rhaenyra," Alicent answered softly. 

"I know I dont deserve it but I'm sorry for everything, all the pain I caused you over the years... if one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me... I would be eternally grateful." Rhaenyra declared honestly. 

"Forgiven." Alicent agreed. "Come inside, forgiveness is a chance for a new beginning after all."

+

Read all the books in the Taelon saga! 
Same Taelon, new drama!
Labyrinth /Rhaenyra
Enchanted/ Rhae Royce

and a Brand new Taelon story 

Champagne problems /Laena Velaryon out now!