126. Loyalists

Creul summer/ Maegor the creul out now!

"He's dead." That was all Taelon said when he got back. Alicent nodded in understanding. Taelon's face was stone before he let out a long breath of relief.

"Tommen is already with Ser Criston... they are working on clearing the rats out of the palace and the guard... all of Daemon's loyalists." Alicent remarked.

"Good, good." Taelon agreed. "Are you alright?"

"I'm still alright." Alicent assured.

"Gods." Taelon whispered leaning into her.

"You did the right thing." Alicent assured him. "I know you did."

"I know it too it just..." He sighed heavily as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "I have to talk to Nyra." Taelon declared. "Gods..." he still had Daemon's blood on his hands. But this needed to be said. "I need to say this, once and for all. I need to know if she knew what her husband was planning, I need to look her in the eyes and I need her to see the pain that Daemon caused..."

+

"Uncle Taelon! Uncle Taelon is here!" Luke declared when he saw Taelon descend. Taelon knew although he didnt want them at dragonstone, he knew they had returned a few moons back. He had his ways of knowing and it made him mad that they disobyed him but at least he knew his baby sister was somewhat safe, that his nephews were safer. As much as he hated Rhaenyra when over four years ago when it all went down, she was family, and he cared... he was mad and furious and hated her at times too but deep down he loved her.

"Stay here." Nyra demanded as she headed out to greet Taelon. She didnt know what he would say, what he would do, how mad he was going to be. She looked for Daemon but he wasnt in the skies, she worried what happened to him, it had been over a fortnight since he left without a word. "Taelon..." Nyra whispered. He marched towards her and she faltered back, he was going to kill her was Rhaenyra's only thought. She fucked up too much and he was going to kill her.

"Daemon killed Rhae Royce and Jayne Royce." Taelon declared as he got closer. "He sent an attack on my family, my wife and my children, Tommen's kids, our cousins!" Taelon shouted. "Daemon wanted the crown for himself, he was willing to kill my whole family to get it!"

"Taelon-"

"Daemon did it. Did you know? Did you want to break my heart again?" Taelon questioned. "Tear apart my family, Maeve is still scared to go to sleep, Lila needs to sleep in bed with us, scared a monster is going to come and hurt her in the night, Daemon wanted them all dead. He was so willing to kill anyone and anything to get that. Did you know? Did you want us dead as well? Was that your purpose? All of this? ALl the pain Rhaenyra!"

"No." Nyra declared desperately. "Tael you have to know I would never hurt you. I didnt know, Taelon I didnt know. Daemon left without a word and I swear it. I would never hurt you or your family like that please you have to believe me, Taelon. I love you." She declared.

"He went after my family. My family nyra. My boys, my girls, my wife he sent his goons to destroy my whole family and that would leave you as the final heir. Him as the heir." Taelon countered.

"Tael-"

"I could have lost them all because of daemon. Because of his need for power. Need for something that was never his." Taelon declared through tears.

"Taelon I didnt know, I didnt know. I swear it. I would have stopped him... or told you... warned you. I didnt know... Taelon please, I did not know." Nyra begged and he believed her.

"I killed him." Taelon added stiffly.

"Understandable." Nyra whimpered. "Are you going to kill me too?"

"No." Taelon said without hesitation. So Taelon offered Nyra a chance, a real chance, to start over.

"Daemon is gone... Laenor is gone, but harwin is at harenhall." Taelon remarked. Nyra didnt understand. "I love you, I hate you and I love you but I hate you." Taelon remarked.

"I love you too." Nyra whimpered reaching out for him but he took a step back.

"I will agree to a union between you and Harwin if that's what you both want still. I was going to annul your union to Laenor you know... before it all..." Nyra stared back at him in amazement. "I was mad at you, Laenor... he didnt need to die... Harwin, Gods anyone is better than Daemon." Taelon declared. "I wasnt ready to say this back then because of that night... but I will allow a union, between you and Harwin... the boys need a father."

"Taelon-"

"But you will stay at dragonstone. You will stay away from the capital. Away from my family." Taelon declared.

"Taelon-"

"Its what you wanted, is it not? Harwin and freedom to do as you want." Taelon reminded her. "Distance will be good for all of us."

"How long?" Nyra whimpered.

"Until I'm not mad at you anymore." Taelon offered.