93. The Dragon Plan

"What if you didnt fly what if you just-"

"Cant hear you!" Maekar called down as moonfrye started to head out. "I wont let her fall."

"Maekar be so careful with Lila!" Thorin demanded.

"Careful is my middle name!" Maekar shouted down as he declared "sōvegon!"

"Maekar! So careful!" Thorin called as Lila screeched out. "MAEKAR!" Thorin called for Erebor taking flight, he trusted his siblings but Lila flying with father was different. THorin didnt want her getting hurt because Maekar was trying to show off. 

When they landed on the ground Thorin saw their mother pacing nervously her face practically white with worry.

"Lila?" Alicent questioned when she saw the boys coming down. "Lila Rose... MAEKAR!"

"Mama!" Lila shouted waving down at her. Alicent reached up for her. Maekar lowered her down and she let out a little weee of excitement as she slid down Moonfyres side and into her mothers arms. She immediately started talking the biggest smile on her face.

"Damn near gave me a heart attack!" Alicent declared cradling Lila to her. 

"SHe's fine mum, she was begging for a ride." Maekar countered. Lila nodded. 

"I was. I was." Lila agreed. 

"You are not supposed to take your siblings riding without your father." ALicent corrected taking LIla from him. 

"He's in council meetings and LIla really wanted to go." Maekar reiterated. 

"I kept an eye on them." Thorin offered. ALicent sighed as Lila beamed back at her. 

"So fun, so fun we had so much fun!" Lila assured hugging tight to Alicent. 

"Ask me or your father next time. Dragons are dangerous." Alicent reminded them. "Please Maekar. Promise me." Maekar twisted his feet in the dirt as Thorin got the dragons back in the pits. 

"I promise." Maekar agreed. "I'm sorry Mum." Alicent moved to him, kissing his forehead. 

"You have fun with your brothers Lila?" Alicent asked bringing her inside. She sucked in another deep breath in her little head she was telling her how much fun she had. How exciting it was and how much wanted her own dragon. 

"Yeah?" Alicent pressed a kiss to her face. "Sounds like fun." Again Lila nodded waving her little arms around trying to explain everything. By the time ALicent brought her back to her crib she had talked herself out and fell fast asleep.

+

Aemond was nine when he declared he needed a dragon. It was a need. He could not wait any longer. 

"Daddy can we play?" Aislynn questioned running up to Taelon with Aemond at her side. 

"Of course, what are we playing?" Taelon questioned looking between them.

"Dragon hunt?" Aemond requested.

Aegon had bonded with Sunfyre, Dreamfyre presented herself to Emma and Avalon and they were bonding as well. Maekar's egg had hatched and Moonfyre was his buddy. Thorin had long since claimed himself a master of dragon riding with Erebor. 

Aemond, Aislynn and little LIla still had yet to claim a dragon, their eggs had not hatched. Taelon although did give Aemond more eggs over the years he never got a dragon. Every time a dragon was claimed or an egg hatched Taelon saw Aemond's little face grow sadder. Aegon bonded with Sunfyre and Thorin had been watching Erebor grow, helping him and Thorin and guiding him as though he were meant to be here in this life, with his dragon with Taelon.