69. Don't Cut His Head off Either

"This is so fun!" Tommen remarked. "You are going to be the king, crowned and fucking ruler of the world!"

 "You are going to be the king, crowned and fucking ruler of the world!"

"Calm your tits." Taelon instructed as they walked. Tommen grabbed at his own chest.

"Calm yourself." He told himself. "We are in the presence of royalty."

"You already were." Taelon corrected.

"Right, right... hey Taelon." Tommen said pulling him to a stop. "Your mum would have been really proud of you." Tommen informed him.

"Thanks brother." Taelon agreed softly.

"Your father was proud too. I'm proud. We all are." Tommen assured. "You are going to be great."

"I couldnt do this without you, Tommen." Taelon declared as he hugged Tommen tight.

"Sure you could have, but what fun would it be without me?" Tommen reasoned.

"Get in there so you can give me my crown." Taelon countered nudging him forward. Tommen gave him a dramatic bow as he headed inside pushing the doors open.

"Woah! Careful those are sharp!" Tommen exclaimed as a sword fell behind him. "You are going to decapitate someone. I'm not the king to be, dont cut his head off either. Goodness, you need a new commander of the guard. Oh wait thats me. Do better!" Tommen demanded as he marched up the steps.

Taelon walked down the aisle, swords falling behind him as he moved to the stage, to Alicent, to his children, to Nyra and Laenor. They smiled back at him, all dressed up, smiles on their faces as Taelon felt like Viserys was robbed of too many good years he could have had.

'May the Warrior give him courage. May the Smith lend strength to his sword and shield. May the Father defend him in his need." Septon Eustace began. ''May the Crone lift her shining lamp and light his way to wisdom." Tommen stepped forward the crown in hand.

"The crown of the King Jaeharys and King Viserys, passed down through generations." Tommen spoke as Taelon knelt before him awaiting the crown be placed on his head. ''Look at you kneeling before me." Tommen whispered. "Dont let your wife know you get down on your knees so easily." He teased and Taelon chuckled looking to Alicent.

"She knows." Taelon corrected.

"She knows!" Tommen laughed out before the septon cleared his throat getting Tommens attention. "Right, right... Let the Seven bear witness: Taelon Targaryen is the true heir to the Iron Throne." Tommen announced proudly putting the crown on Taelon's head. Tommen took a step back as Taelon rose up and looked to his family. They bowed and curtsied to him. Taelon looked to Tommen as he nodded esthetically.

''All hail His Grace, Taelon, first of his Name, King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm."

"All hail the king."

"Long live the king!"

"All hail king Taelon."

"Long live king Daddy!" Thorin declared hooting out.

Taelon looked to Alicent as Tommen and Thorin clapped out joyously. 

"Long live Taelon!" Alicent said proudly as he moved to her. "It suits you my king."

"Thank you, my queen."

After Taelon coronation and their fathers burning Taelon hoped for some peace. But he had to tell Thorin of his mother, the woman that carried him inside her for moons. Why he would get Runestone one day. Taelon wasnt excited for that talk.

"Its just that he thinks of you as his mother, you are his mother." Taelon corrected and ALicent smiled back at him.

"I am as I always will be." Alicent assured him. "But... it is the right thing to do. You wouldnt like it if your mother or father lied to you about this."

"Its not a lie." Taelon countered. "But fuck if it is now... fuck."

Alicent couldnt help but think that her father would be happy about all of this. Thorin was the heir to runestone. In the meantime, lady Jeyne would keep control over it until THorin came of age. Maekar or Aegon would be the heirs to the iron throne. Taelon didnt want to decide. He didnt think it necessary.

"So like... I'm the ruler of a castle?" Thorin questioned confused.

"You are the heir to runestone." Taelon explained again. "Your mother-" Thorin pointed at Alicent. "-Alicent," Taelon agreed as Alicent sat beside Thorin. "is your mother. But... well you remember when she had Avalon and Emma right?"

"I thought they were hurting her and I wanted them to stop." Thorin agreed.

"You remember when her stomach got very large because your sisters were growing inside of her?" Taelon added.

"You grow people in you?" Thorin countered. "Gross."

"It is gross." Alicent admitted.

"Well Alicent, mother, mama," Taelon didnt know how to say it again and make it sound different but not harsh and not make him mad. "Another woman, her name was Rhae Royce. She carried you in her tummy."

"So then I could be yours because mum thought it was gross to grow people in her." Thorin agreed.

"Sort of." Taelon offered looking to Alicent but she shook her head.

"Thorin, I love you so much, we both do. But the woman that carried you in her tummy, she died recently." ALicent remarked gently.

"Like grandsire." Thorin agreed.

"Yes." Alicent agreed. "And... although you are my son, you have some of her in you. You are the heir, remember what the heir is?"

"Thats why daddy is wearing a crown and everyone calls him your grace." Thorin agreed.

"It's when one person holds a position of power like grandsire." Alicent agreed. "And when they go to heaven, then their child or family gets that position, like the crown." Alicent remarked.

"So because she carried me in her tummy, I get a castle too." Thorin agreed. Alicent and Taelon shared a look. Was that good enough for now?

"Thats right." Taelon agreed.

"So I'm the ruler of the Runes? Ruler of Runes!" Thorin declared excited. 'Can we see my castle?"

+

"What the fuck do you mean Rhae had a son?" Daemon hissed.

"Not of your seed. He is the heir to runestone"

"Who!" Daemon demanded.

"What makes you think I would tell you that? You would surely kill the boy and try to claim what was never yours." Jayne corrected. "Leave Daemon and never return. You are not wanted here. Or anywhere it seems."