57. Find Love Lose Hope

'The King demands an audience, my Prince.'

'Take your fucking hands off me.' Daemon demanded as he was grabbed he grumbled the whole way to the throne room where he was thrown down. Daemon heard the door slam shut and Viserys shoes slapping aggressively against the ground, he looked up to his brother from the floor. His gaze shifted to Taelon and a smug smile appeared.

'My daughter." Viserys shouted kicking daemon, he groaned from the ground in pain. 'Won't you even deny it?' Daemon coughed clearing his throat.

'I need to understand the charge before I can attempt to discredit it.' He said offering a charming smile.

'You defiled her.' Viserys shouted kicking him again, again Daemon groaned in pain clutching at his stomach. Taelon stood frozen. He couldnt believe this. He had to talk to Nyra. She would tell him it was lies and he would believe her because he wanted to believe it. She would tell him what Tommen had told him and everything would be find... right? Wrong.

'Still, you say nothing.' Viserys shouted down at him.

'Oh, what does it matter, brother? When we were Rhaenyra's age, we fuckеd our way through most of the brоthеls on the Street of Silk.' Daemon countered. "This one fucked his way through westeros i'm sure." Daemon added.

'We were young men. She is just a girl. Your niece!'

"Did you touch Nyra?" Taelon demanded.

'Rhaenyra's a woman-grown. Better her first experience be with me than some whοre.' Daemon mused. Taelon grabbed him by the throat.

''You have ruined her! What lord will wed her now? In this condition?' Viserys spat as Daemon choked for breath, Taelon shoved him back down. Daemon coughed out as he ran a hand over his throat.

'Who gives a fuck what some lord thinks? You are the dragon. Your word is truth and law.' Daemon reminded him.

'I have spent a lifetime defending you. But your heart is even blacker than I thought. I should disinherit her as I already did you and be done with it.'

"Father." Taelon begged.

'Wed her to me." Daemon suggested.

"NEVER!" Taelon spat back.

'When I offered up my crown, you said I could have anything. I want Rhaenyra. I'll take her as she is, and wed her in the tradition of our house.' Daemon offered and Viserys couldn't help but chuckle, he was not that stupid.

'You are already wed.' Viserys reminded him

'That didn't stop Aegon the Conqueror from taking a second wife.' Daemon offered

'You are no conqueror. You are vermin." Taelon corrected.

"You are a plague... sent to destroy me.' Viserys agreed.

'Give me Rhaenyra to take to wife and we will return the House of the Dragon to its proper glory.' Daemon went on.

"You cunt." Taelon spat kicking him again

'Of course. It's not my daughter you lust for, is it? It's my throne, Rhaenyra is not the heir, Taelon is. Everyone need get through their heads that Taelon is the heir, he will succeed me. His son's will succeed him. Not You, not Rhaenyra. Taelon." Viserys declared. ''Go back to the Vale, Daemon, to your lawful wife. Strive to restore whatever scrap of honor remains in you. Or don't. Matters not to me. As long as you are gone from my sight for good.'

'As you wish, brother.' Daemon said getting up and heading out. Taelon couldnt breathe.

"You... think he lied?" Taelon rasped.

"i don't know." Viserys admitted.

+

'Have you spoken to her?'

'No... I want to but Daemon, Gods Daemon...'

'It is not in Rhaenyra's nature to be deceitful... not usually right... I cannot say the same for your brother.' Alicent reminded him

'You believe he lied?'

'How often does he speak the pure truth? How does confessing to such things serve him? By reducing you and your father.' Alicent offered and Taelon sighed hugging her tight.

'Whatever transpired, Rhaenyra is not innocent.' Taelon reminded her

'Only because Daemon tried to corrupt her.' Alicent offered. SHe was desperately trying to help the siblings but Rhaenyra wasnt helping making it easy. 

'She swore to me that she remains a maiden... And I believe her.' Alicent offered although she didnt know that she did. 

+

"Taelon..." Nyra whispered knocking gently on his door. 

"Tell me the truth." Taelon instructed as Thorin and him were playing with wooden swords. Taelon didnt have to focus much when sparring against Thorin just yet but he was good for a little lad.

"I went out with Daemon." Nyra admitted. 

"I know. Go on." Taelon agreed. 

"I'm sorry I know I shouldnt have but Taelon... It's no excuse I should not have gone out." Nyra remarked. 

"He is trying to ruin you. Ruin father. Ruin our name." Taelon reminded her. "I just want whats best for you." 

"I'm sorry,  Taelon I'm so sorry. I love you. Taelon I was stupid, I'm sorry." Nyra begged. 

"The council wants to marry you to Laenor Velaryon. I couldnt change their minds." Taelon remarked. "I wanted to give you a chance at love, finding love Nyra."

"taelon I can explain-" Nyra begged.

"I was trying to protect you and now Daemon is telling anyone with ears that he fucked you!" Taelon declared. "And he has enough witnesses that saw you with him that believe him. Tommen got you out of there. But Daemon has enough shady friends-"

"Taelon-" Nyra whimpered.  "I just never- it was stupid. So fucking stupid. But nothing happened with Daemon. I swear it." 

"I believe you." Taelon agreed. "Because I trust Tommen. He doesnt hide things from me."