106. Suck It World. Tommen is in Charge!

"Tomen are you mad!" Taelon shouted and a handsome smirked crossed tommens face.

"Possibly." Tommen agreed.

"Tommen he's your brother."

"And he is making a fool of not just House Strong but Targaryen too." Tommen reminded him.

"I'm sending him away. He is to go and stay at Harenhall. Your father also resigned so I need a new hand." Taelon remarked and Tommen stared back at him. "Its probably a dumb ass idea but you really would be-"

"KING ADJACENT!" Tommen declared. "Suck it world, Tommen is in charge now!"

+

''Be good to your mother, lads. I'll visit when I can. But that may be some time.'' Harwin remarked looking down at the boys. ''Jace. I will return... I promise.'' Harwin looked between them, they were so young. ''I will be a stranger when we meet again.''  Harwin rasped as he hugged Jace goodbye. He offered a small smile before looking to Rhaenyra. ''Princess.'' Harwin whispered as he headed out.

''We will exchange letters by raven. Won't that be fun?'' Rhaenyra questioned as they watched Harwin leave.

''Is Harwin Strong my father? Am I a bastard?' Jace questioned looking up at her.

''You are a Targaryen. That's all that matters.'' Rhaenyra corrected. Harwin knew it was for the best but Rhaenyra hated this. 

+

''Push, my Lady.'' Laena screamed and screeched as she tried to deliver Daemon another child but it would not come.

''Push! Push!'' She continued screaming and wailing to no avail. 'Push! You must push!' Daemon glanced in at her bored. 'Push!''

''It needs to come now!'' the surgeon told her as she wailed out in pain.

''Push! Push!'' they all begged her ''You must push now, my Lady!'' but she was tired and knew it was no use.

''I've reached the limit of my art. The child 'will not come.'' The surgeon told Daemon ''I am very sorry, my Prince. We could lay open the womb... try to remove the infant by way of the blade. But I cannot say for a surety whether it lives.''

''Would the mother survive it?'' Daemon questioned calmly.

''No.'' Daemon shrugged. Not his first wife, not his last...

Laena pulled herself up with a grunt dragging herself outside.

''Vhagar, dracarys. Agh!'' she whimpered out. Vhagar stared down at her.'' Dracarys! Dracarys!'' she begged but he just stared at her. she wanted to die a dragon riders death, by fire. ''Dracarys. Dracarys!'' she wailed as she dragged herself to him.

''Dracarys.'' Vhagar wailed out blasting her away. Daemon watched his fire burn away before him.

''Laena!''

+

''A word?''

''I take it he's gone.''

''We're finished here. We're leaving.'' Rhaenyra demanded

''What of your offer? Jace and Avalon?'' Laenor countered

''I have been undermined... and made a spectacle. They whisper about me in the corridors. Well, I leave them to it.'' Rhaenyra hissed. She knew everything Taelon said was true. The whispers about her boys and it was all her fault. 

''To Dragonstone then?'' Laenor offered.

''We should've left years ago.'' Rhaenyra admitted

''What of your position?'' Laenor countered, princess, the sister of the king. Laenor knew how close the siblings once were but as of late Taelon and Rhaenyra had barely been able to look at one another.