78. I'm Getting Married

"Bye, I love you." Taelon remarked kissing Aislynn's head as he headed out.

"Da!" Aemond shouted.

"I love you too." Taelon assured kissing him as well.

"Da!" Aemond pointed at Avalon, Mouse ran over her legs contently.

"I almost didn't see her." Taelon remarked. Taelon loved that about Aemond. He was always making sure everyone was treated fairly. Everyone got a kiss, everyone got extra love, everyone was shown they were loved. Taelon loved what a big heart Aemond had already.

"You got Mouse, huh?" Taelon remarked squatting beside Avalon.

"He's learning. He's really smart."

"Is he?" Taelon mused.

"Thorin is making me a thing for him." Avalon agreed.

"A thing?" Taelon countered running a hand through her hair.

"A... a... a... whats the word Emma?" Avalon questioned. "MONSTER!" Avalon shrieked as Emma's cat ran at full speed. Mouse jumped into Avalons lap as she stood up cradling Mouse to her as Monster purred innocently up at Avalon but her gaze was set on Mouse, hiding on Avalon's shoulder. "Emma, Monster almost got Mouse!" Avalon shouted stomping a little foot on the ground.

"I have to go are you two alright?" Taelon questioned.

"EMMA!" Avalon shouted.

"Monster is a sweetie." Emma corrected.

"You named her monster!" Avalon corrected. "She's going to kill my mouse!"

"Just playing." Emma offered innocently.

"Be good please." Taelon begged kissing Aislynn's head again. Aemond smiled back at him. "I love you all." Taelon declared ruffling Aemond's hair he giggled back at her.

Taelon wanted to get flee bottom in order. It was a mess down there and the mess in the lower city ended in problems for the capital. When the people were sick or hungry they lashed out. The sickness spread and Taelon didnt want diseases getting to the capital that he couldnt stop. 

We help the people, they help us Taelon thought fondly. He knew the lower towns. He frequented their bars when he was younger. He knew the lower town better than Viserys had in many years. Taelon didnt want to become his father. He needed to take Tommen out and have fun but he felt like he couldnt. As king he needed to be responsible. But what was being a king without a bit of fun? Why have the highest title in westeros and just sit and hide. 

He could bring Thorin and make it educational. Do a layout of the town and what areas needed upgrades, all of it. All of flee bottom. 

And they needed a system for waste at the capital. Taelon knew they went through a lot of food on feasts when his father was king but what happened to the extras. He got drunk with Tommen then ate everything at midnight after their hookups... times had certainly changed since then. 

"A maze!" Avalon declared as she pushed open the council room door. "Thorin is making Mouse a maze."

"That's wonderful Avalon." Taelon declared. She nodded in agreement as she looked around the room.

"What are you doing?"

"We have a meeting." Taelon informed her.

"I'm hungry." Avalon corrected.

"Can you ask mama?" Taelon questioned smiling back at her.

"But you are right here." Avalon declared with a giggle.

"That's very true." Taelon agreed as he got up. "Alright, lets get our fonds in order for rebuilding the south side. I will draw something up. See what we can spare." Taelon remarked as he moved to Avalon. ''Because someone is hungry."

"I am." Avalon agreed holding onto Taelon's hand.

+

"I dont even want to think about it." Taelon remarked. 

"Laenor was here more." Tommen offered. 

"When are you proposing?" Taelon countered changing topics.

"Gaena has hinted at it." Tommen agreed. 

"Hinted?"

"She said when the fuck are we getting married I want kids." Tommen informed him. 

"And what did you say to that?" Taelon pondered as he picked up Aislynn. She smiled back at him. "Oh my sweet girl, you never fall in love, I want to keep you my little angel forever." Aislynn giggled back at him. 

"I said... what did I say?" Tommen questioned himself. "Oh right, I didnt say anything I kissed her."

"Then what?" 

"Not suitable for littles ears." Tommen offered with a sly smile. "Oh!" Tommen declared. "I said I would give her baby. Then..." He waggled his eyebrows.

"And now you need to propose because you love her. You do. I see it." Taelon agreed. "Larys! How are things with Davina?"  Larys blinked back at them. 

"She left, went south I think." Larys offered. "A few moons back."

"Oh I'm sorry." Taelon offered. 

"You told him?" Larys questioned incredulously. "Of course you did." 

"I just said that you liked her and she might have... went on a few dates with you." Tommen offered nonchalantly.

"Dont feel bad, Davina doesnt really date. She grows bored easily." Taelon recalled. 

"I'm fine." Larys assured "I knew I never had a real chance with her." 

"Thats not true." Tommen lied knowingly. 

"You said from the beginning, I never stood a chance." Larys corrected. 

"We find you someone else." Taelon offered. 

"Did you fuck her?" Tommen pondered. "I never know what happens after Gaena and I leave."

"No." Larys answered and Taelon saw the sadness as he said it. 

"Dont get your hopes up." Taelon offered. 

"Back to me." Tommen corrected. "I'm asking Gaena for her hand. I'm doing it. How does one do that?" Taelon snorted a laugh.

"Dont look at me. My father matched me in front of the council." Taelon reminded him. 

"What do I say? Do I shout from the rooftops? Do I bring her roses? Do I confess my undying love and say Gaena Targaryen I can't live without you, you make every day better and I hate sleeping apart from you?" Tommen pondered. "Then pull her in and say I want to make you Gaena Strong." 

"YES!" 

They spun around at the squeal of excitement. Gaena ran towards them. 

"Yes, yes, yes!" Gaena agreed as TOmmen held her to him. 

"Really?" Tommen questioned as she kissed him. 

"Took you long enough." Gaena declared as he picked her up, her legs wrapped around his waist. 

"I'M GETTING MARRIED!" Tommen declared as he carried her off. 

"Your time will come." Taelon assured Larys. "Gotta find the right woman."

"How did you know the queen was the right one?" Larys pondered. 

"Everything fit into place with Alicent. She didnt love me for my crown, my title but me. You will find your person Larys."