48. Code Red

As they stepped out of the carriage they crowd cheered for their newest princes.

'Hail, hail Aegon, hail, hail Maekar the Conqueror-Babes, Second of their Names! Here's to His Grace, his heir and his heirs on their second name day!' the crowd continued to cheer as Aegon and Maekar were lifted up.

Maekar screamed out not liking being up that high. he started shaking his head nervously as Taelon reached for him bringing him back down.

Aegon cried out as he was lifted up as well.

"Okay, maybe we don't throw my children into the sky." Taelon remarked grabbing them both.

"Hold mama's hand." Alicent requested of Thorin as they headed inside. Nyra stared at them annoyed. Such a loving and wonderful family. The perfect family. Gah it was irritating.

"Come on." Taelon suggested leading them in. "How fun." He murmured.

"I dont wike it." Thorin muttered as they walked in. Everyone was so loud they came up sticking their noses in Maekar and Aegons faces.

"Too close!"  Thorin shouted pushing out his hands trying to keep all the people away from him.

"I agree. This is stupid." Taelon whispered picking him up.

"Stupid." Thorin agreed.

Inside the celebration Rhaenyra felt just as out of place as she walked the crowd. She looked at Taelon and Thorin. Thorin was cute. He looked like a little Taelon.

"My feet are so sore." Alicent whispered leaning back against Taelon.

"Take a seat." Taelon nodded to the lounge "i got the littles." He kissed her cheek and she smiled back at him as she waddled to the group of ladies as Taelon put Thorin on his shoulders. "Lets go get your uncle." Taelon suggested. Thorin waved at Tommen happily with one hand while the other gripped Taelons hair.

'Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones.' Ceira Lannister remarked.

'What will happen to Lady Johanna?' Alicent questioned but her eyes drifted to Taelon.

'She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors.' Ciera told her. 

'I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?' Larys had a brace on this leg and a cane in hand as he approached the group of women chattering.

'But of course. Please join us. Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel.' Alicent remarked. She knew Larys was Tommen's elder brother but Taelon didnt seem to have the same love for Harwin and Larys that he did for Tommen.

'My Lord husband says that no King has even been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages.'

'Perhaps the Princess... can give us some insight.' Ceira remarked as they looked to Rhaenyra in the doorway.

'Oh, I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones.' Rhaenyra reminded them. 

'Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?' Ceira questioned. Alicent wondered if Taelon would go and fix this mess his uncle had put the crown in or if Taelon would let Daemon burn.

'I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years.' Rhaenyra told her bitterly.

''I suppose there is no love between them since your father refused to wed and chose..." Ceira snuffed her nose up at Alicent. "For the prince and heir."

'Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira." Alicent reminded her. "That is no fault of my husband or the princess."

'He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it.' Joselyn Redwyne remarked.  'Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good.'

'But the crown is not at war.' Rhaenyra told them.

'The crown... is at war, Princess. Though your father refuses to admit it, we've been dragged into it by your uncle and The Sea Snake.' Joselyn told her. "At least your brother has the sense to do something if daddy allowed it."

'And how have you served the realm of late, Lady Redwyne, by eating cake?' Rhaenyra pondered.

+

Rhaenyra felt herself becoming obsolete. She wanted to see Taelon, she looked around as she got outside to see Tommen and Harwin. No Taelon...

'I wonder, Princess... was your own second name day as grand as this?' Jason remarked.

'I honestly don't recall and neither will Aegon and Maekar.' Rhaenyra remarked. 

'Lord Jason Lannister.' He introduced

'I gathered that from all the lions.' Rhaenyra remarked noting his cloak.

'I don't think we've been properly introduced.'

'Your twin serves on my father's council.'

'Tyland is... frightfully dull, gods love him.' Jason said as he handed her a glass of wine. 'The finest honeyed wine you'll ever taste. Made in Lannisport, of course.'

'Of course.' She agreed dryly as she brought it to her lips.

'Ah, the Kings wood, it's fine hunting ground. But the best spot is to be found at Casterly Rock, near my home. Have you been?' Jason questioned

'Um, once... on tour with my mother when I was young, and honestly can't recall much of that either.'

'The Rock is thrice the height of the Hightower in Old town, taller still than the Wall in the north. It's been said that if one were to stand in the tower... on a perfect day, one could see clear across the Sunset Sea.' Jason boasted

'It must be quite something.' Nyra murmured. 

"Ah must go save Nyra from the lannisters." Tommen remarked giving his brother a pat on the back. 

'Hm, I don't have a Dragon pit, of course, but... I do have the means and resources to build one.' Jason pondered.

'Why would you need a Dragon pit?' Rhaenyra questioned.

'To house dragons, of course. I'd do anything for my princess... or... lady wife.' Jason mused leaning in.

'Thank you for the wine.' Rhaenyra said politely as she handed back the cup and headed off to find her father. She was not going to be sold off.

"Too fucking late, code red!" Tommen declared seeing Nyra storming back inside.