Chapter Three: Unarmed Robbery

---Isador---

Isador's heart nearly skipped a beat when Aleksei spoke, having not seen him approach. Gently he took the pastry Aleksei had offered him, giving a small nod as thanks. *Well, that was a horrible first impression.* Slowly he stepped toward the table Aleksei had motioned to.

"Honestly... This way of life, this crowd, is still new to me... I won't lie to you and say I've done much more than petty theft. Although people seem to frown upon car theft." Isador shifted a little, trying to put coherent thoughts together to not sound like a fool. He had one or two bad things on his record, one of which was for sure put onto Benjamin. *Looks like having that one "bad egg" friend does come in handy...*

Isador looked at the pastry Aleksei had handed him, he wasn't really hungry. At least he wasn't now. Now he was nervous, but he did not want to come across as rude.

—Aleskei---

Aleksei nodded, "I get that, I get that. I mean the worst thing I've done before I joined was making..." Aleksei cut himself off with a cough, "I know I said we can speak freely but admitting to crimes that they are currently trying to prosecute for will not be wise, won't it?" Aleksei laughed, shaking his head.

He could tell this man was nervous, but who wouldn't be? He was scared out of his damn mind when everything went down, he wanted to help this Ben guy feel a bit comfortable.

"uhh...erm...I'm honestly not good at this. I do not know why they asked me to do this. Like, I'm not good at interrogation, I'm not going to question you about, "what can you bring into the family", like such. Just know that no matter what, as long as you are loyal, I have your back." He said awkwardly, he was a social person but how was this conversation supposed to go, is he just supposed to ask *How good are you at killing people?* Aleksei shook his head, clearly zoned out and lost in thought.

He was an interesting individual indeed. Right as the silence was about to get awkward, he received a text. The ping of his phone caught his attention and he blinked back into reality, taking the phone out of his pocket, he read the received message.

"Looks like The Boss sent your first job. Since theft is on your sheet already, he wants to see how well you can do it. Your assignment is to rob the...oh...." Aleksei trailed before looking towards the staff at "Yum Yum stuff" with a wince. He gulped and chewed his lip anxiously, taking a deep, very deep breath he spoke again, "He needs you to rob the shop. This one. Here." Aleksei grabbed a napkin from the table and put it under the table, wrapping his firearm into it, he placed the gun onto the table and slid it over to Isador, "Please...don't hurt anyone..." he whispered before siting back, "I'll be your back up if needed." he then added, clearly upset.