Chapter Twenty-Seven: Targets

---Isador---

Isador smiled a bit more nervously when Aleksei coughed. *You certainly made it a bit more awkward, Isa.* Nodding in agreement Isador happily held fast to Aleksei's hand. It was simple skin contact but it truly was making Isador giddy. He also was thrilled to be able to have just a moment alone with Aleksei.

Isador's breath hitched a little when the boss hobbled into the room. For Isador it was almost sad to see the man so, well, broken. He didn't even really know the guy, just of him. *The thought of slowly wasting away was a touchy thought for Isador, although he'd never admit that aloud.* He found himself stepping closer to Aleksei when the Boss spoke. He quietly growled when the name Jerome followed the word heir. And now Isador was practically glaring at Jerome. *Not the smartest move, Isador... That guy, is the literal worst person on the planet... But I guess it fits mafia standards...*

Although his moment of being lost in thought was stripped away when Aleksei dragged him away. He definitely didn't mind either. Getting out of that room was shaping up to be a better part of the day.

"You mean you have a full actual floor? And I get to see it?" Isador teased a bit, motioning to the floor before smiling at Aleksei and sitting down beside him. "I feel so special." *Don't you dare wink again, for the love of everything Isador...* Instead of that awkward route, he just kept smiling at Aleksei. "So... you're going to be second in command... how exciting!" It was fairly fake excited that Isador displayed, he had gotten the small feeling over the past few months Aleksei didn't want those type of positions.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei playfully shoved Isador when he teased about his room, "yeah yeah, enjoy it while it last, I give it a week before its filthy again." he smiled back as he leaned onto the bed peacefully, "Well, that's because you are special. I mean, you are the only guy named Benjamin I know, which is surprising, it is a popular name after all." Aleksei's awkward flirting style was rambling but he was self conscious about it and quickly bit his lip to avoid saying anything else.

Aleksei took a deep breath before laughing at his own sorrow, "Oh yeah, it will be exciting indeed, just a bigger target on my back. Its not like Jerome will let me do much anyways. I'll just be handling the things he's too stupid to handle." Aleksei shrugged, "which will be the money spending, I am obviously very good at that." Aleksei said proudly. He then seemed to zone out just a bit, "I feel so bad for this city, as soon as The Boss dies, Jerome will bring hell to it." Aleksei added, he was mostly whispering it to himself but still loud enough for Benjamin to hear. He slowly lifted a fork off the plate and took a savory bite into the cake, "Mmm, dude, you have to try this." his voice muffled as he slowly enjoyed the cake.