Chapter Seventy-Nine: A Win... or a Loss?

---Isador---

"Wonderful." With that Isador happily began to hum the lullaby, the melody coming to him much easier the more he hummed it. He slightly drifted away in thought as he hummed, the tune taking him back to when he was little. Isador did not linger in those memories, especially once Aurora fell asleep. He smiled as he took a moment to watch her sleep, how peaceful she looked in her sleep. The thought of helping raise her brought him so much joy. His attention flickered over to Aleksei as he spoke. He laughed lightly.

"Jealous of me?" Isador teased lightly, allowing himself to be easily led to the bed. He wrapped his arms around Aleksei and held him close. He whispered softly as he drifted of to sleep. "No need to tell me, love... You are just as amazing, if not more than amazing..." With that he trailed off as his mind and body shut down. His sleep was deep and void of any and all dreams. Nothing played in his mind, just simple quiet darkness.

It was the waking up the next day that was hard for Isador. He felt groggy for what felt like forever. He could feel the good vibes emanating from everyone, he was excited to see to everything that Ghost and his men had acquired over night. Isador didn't touch any of the pizza, instead he slipped into the pantry of the kitchen and retrieved some crackers. He snacking on them lightly as he stood near enough to Aleksei to overhear the discussion of what today's plans were. He chewed his bottom lip a bit when Ghost made a point of making sure Aleksei knew no one was harmed in the gathering him and his men did. *That must sting a little...* He quietly watched Aleksei, hoping it didn't put any damper on him.

By the time they were rolling out in the cars, Isador seemed to have fully awakened. He was a ball of sunshine, too. A smile seemed permanently glued to his face as he stayed close to Aleksei's side. He did laugh a little at Aurora and Aleksei's small squabble about the absence of a car seat. Buckling himself in he took in their surroundings as they drove. With each passing moment Isador grew more excited for this to be over. He was happy to help, of course, but he was ready to go back to Russia with Aleksei and now also with Aurora.

Once there Isador attached himself to Aleksei, choosing to call after Aurora. "Be careful!" It worried him that she just bolted off. He tried to push his worries away and assisted in setting up everything. He was his usual quiet self throughout the process, and played with his hands as they all waited for people to arrive. No one came. Isador could feel the disappointment settling in. It didn't last very long, only monetarily though, as it was ushered out by the sight of the cop cars lights. To say Isador was happy about the police choosing to be helpful to their attempt at disaster relief was quite literally the least way to describe how he felt. Here stood members of a technical mafia, and the literal police. Both sides of the same coin working together to aid those in need.

Isador couldn't help but laugh at Aleksei's comment about being like Megamind. He smiled back at Aleksei before looking at the cop who had spoke. "What matters right now is that we want the same things. Peace, and no more harm done." He shifted a bit on his feet before he looked back at Aleksei. "And yeah, you are like Megamind. Just less... blue." Isador smirked at him then and placed a quick kiss on Aleksei's cheek, not allowing the officer to dampen any of their happiness. This was a win, a big win. A defining moment.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei wrapped his arms around Isador with a chuckle, "I also didn't come from space so there's that." Aleksei winked before planting a quick kiss on Isador's lips, Aleksei then parted with him again, "Well, I am the host to this thing so I might as well start hosting." Aleksei said softly as he looked at the crowd before walking over to the honcho police so he could steal his megaphone. "Thanks bud, I need that." Aleksei said and the officer didn't protest, let him do what he wants for today.