Chapter Ninety-Seven: For Aleksei

---Isador/Aodhan---

Isador's smile faltered then, his vision blurred a bit as he took in Aleksei's words. "I love you too..." His voice was slightly strained. He was unsure how to take these words, but he was terrified of the fact that Aleksei was refusing to look at him. It brought a heaviness into his chest. He did not let go of Aleksei's hand, he simply squeezed it.

Aodhan watched Aurora run off, he did not follow her, no, he sat upon one of the smaller crates. Deep inside him he felt it was over. This war, had met it's closure. The only thing that would most likely come to them would be the Government. Sweep in, tear everything apart. He'd need to move everything back into the basement again, act like a businessman so they would leave him alone.

Isador was happy to see Aurora, although that happiness died very quickly. *Ghost... left?* Isador only squeezed Aleksei's hand again, refusing to think more into why Ghost left. *That's because you know. You know exactly why.* Isador watched Aurora and Aleksei carefully. He sat on the edge of the bed, as silent as he usually was. His stomach was doing circles again, his chest tightening with each passing minute. Something was wrong, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was exactly. He smiled a little when Aurora showed her childishness. It was nice to see she could still be a child. This kind of thing usually took it all away. Isador would know.

When the few men came back into the room, Isador did not move from Aleksei's side. He did not argue with Aleksei, he let him tell his men they were free, he let him give them everything they needed to survive without a boss. The wheels in his head began to turn as he realized just why Aleksei would be doing such a thing. Releasing them. This thought was solidified when Aleksei asked for the pain killing drug. Isador watched the man as he went off to retrieve it. He had no words, however.

Isador returned Aleksei's kiss, happiness flowing back into him as he laughed just slightly at Aurora's reaction. "I love you, Aleksei." He whispered as he sat back up. The man was back with the pill, after all. Something inside Isador told him that pill was bad. *Don't let him... don't let him...* His mind raced as he watched Aleksei take the pill. He squeezed Aleksei's hand hard.

It wasn't until Aurora jumped off Aleksei that he placed two fingers on Aleksei's wrist, counted to ten, and then broke. Tears ran down his face as if a dam broke. He was shaking hard as he leaned down and pressed his forehead to Aleksei's. *Yet another you love, gone...* Isador's chest ached. "Aleksei..." He whispered, keeping his forehead pressed to Aleksei's. "I love you... I... won't break my promise..." With that, he released Aleksei's hand scooping up the crying Kira, before snatching Aurora and pulling them both into a hug on the floor. A tight bear hug. He had no words of comfort for them. He could only hold them close. He would protect them. He would care for them. No matter what. He tucked his pain away the best he could, and as he held them, he hummed. He hummed the lullaby that brought him comfort as a child.

At the sound of Aurora's screaming, Aodhan came running. He practically burst into the room. Almost immediately he knew what was going on. "Oh...sweethearts..." He slowly walked over, dropping down to his knees next to the three. He may not have known Aleksei as long, but the pain from them was enough to have tears fall from Aodhan's eyes.

Aodhan knew in the days to come, Isador and the girls would most likely need him. And he'd be there for them. He had a small cemetery... He hadn't mentioned it for Kyle, because there was no time for that. But for Aleksei, he felt it was something he deserved. A proper burial. A place where his loved ones could visit. He would take care of that, for Isador.

Isador's only thoughts were on what he was going to do now. He knew one thing, these girls were his responsibility, and he would do everything in his power to make the rest of their lives amazing. No matter what. He would do that, for Aleksei.