Chapter Forty-Four: Time Jump, Yet Again.

---Aleksei---

-Back In The USA-

The Boss officially passed away in his sleep, the only ones who seemed to grieve his death were the executioner and some unnamed individuals. The rest celebrated and by rest, I mean Jerome and his proxies. Jerome laughed as champagne was being sprayed on him, "Long live the boss or something like that?" Jerome smirked before taking in the crowd, he put his hands on his hip and did a dramatic glance around the faces, "where the hell is joe exotic?" Jerome smirked before shrugging, "oh wellll, guess I won't have him at my back anymore. So, we have rivals and for too long now, The Boss has let those rivals go unharmed. We stole their cars, but what about their women? What about their children? What about their lives?". The crowd cheered for him. They wanted blood.

"Now now, there aren't just rivals after us. We have the feds after us as well. We should take care of that, no more hiding. Show them that we mean business." and he did indeed mean business. He constructed an entire plan that he also broadcasted across the states. First, they targeted police stations in the area, slaughtering the innocent officers who were caught off guard. They then targeted prisons, it caused massive prison riots and the death of mafia members, prisoners and prison guards alike. Many of those convicts have also escaped, putting the state at a high red alert. Now more than ever were the feds trying to take this suddenly violent mafia group down but they weren't the only ones with problems.

Ramona was sleeping inside of her bed when a few gunshots awoken her, she heard the cries of her horses and went down to investigate. This was normal. Sometimes hunters would have coyote problems at night and that caused the horses to spook. Turning on the light sometimes helped them soothe themselves. She walked towards her barn in her pajamas and bunny shoes in the cold dark night, she opened the barn door to realize that there was no more noise...the horses were now silent. That didn't make sense. She quickly turned on the light and checked on her horses. Dead. All of them dead. Shot dead. Ramona had a mixture of pain and fury, who the hel-

Her thoughts were caught off when she heard a weak neigh from one of the stables, her favorite stallion on the ground, struggling for air, the shot not killing him completely, "oh sweetheart." she shook as she approached him but before she could comfort her dying animal there was a voice behind her, "He still hasn't shut up yet." Jerome mocked and that caused Ramona to jump but she stood her ground.

"You. How dare you, I will have your head for this!" she yelled and Jerome pulled out a gun, "Noo, sweetheart, I think the opposite." he smirked before shooting her dead in the head.

-A Day Later In Russia-

Aleksei was asleep, cuddled next to Isador peacefully before a persistent phone call finally woken him, he annoyedly picked up the phone, the contact was Mr. Peach...aka the Executioner. What the hell did he want? Aleksei would've hung up this instant but the Executioner has always been kind to him, so he answered.

"Aleksei, buddy, Jerome has taken over. He...he killed Ramona. I am sorry, I know you had something special with her." the voice over the phone said, there was a pause as he waited for Aleksei to say something back but Aleksei said nothing. He left the phone on the bed before getting up off the bed. Furious? Wasn't even close to how he was feeling right now. Despite being from opposite sides of the family, Ramona was a friend, someone he admired. She looked out for him and he killed her. What was this feeling? Aleksei has never felt so angry before, the rage, the want for vengeance, the lust for blood. Hot tears fell onto his face as he knew he couldn't just sit by and do nothing. Him leaving america, leaving the mafia and running off to russia made this possible for Jerome, with no one to check him all hell has broken loose and his friend paid for it. One way or another, Aleksei would bring back order, with blood and reign. There was a war being fought in america and without even knowing it, they all had a common enemy. Jerome.