Chapter Eighty-Eight: No More Death

---Isador/Aodhan---

Aodhan gave a nod. "That's fair." Aodhan's attention then flickered to the other men. He kept himself cool and collected, his hands were rested on his hips. Isador only gave a small nod, and stood quietly as he watched Aleksei carefully. He also kept an eye on Ghost and the others as they went back to work. He was on edge, eyes flickering between Aleksei and the others.

The sound of the gunshots caused him to flinch. Hard, too. He was quick to move toward Aurora and pull her close. *That was for her son...* Isador's mind repeated, his grasp tightening just slightly on Aurora. Isador shot a glare at Ghost when he heard his name. His anger from before came creeping back, except this time it was extinguished by the sight of blood pouring out of Aleksei. He felt cold then, and a sudden terror hit him like a bus. "Aleksei..." He whispered, seemingly forgetting how angry he'd been with him minutes before. Although his eyes and voice betrayed how terrified he was of losing Aleksei, the rest of him seemed very relaxed, and calm. *Death likes to sneak up and take those you care about...* Isador didn't move, his thoughts plaguing him with outcomes. *He will not die. No one here will let him.*

Even if Aodhan currently believed Aleksei deserved to die after all these people, it wasn't something he could ever actually allow to happen. Aodhan knew how much this man meant to Isador, but Aleksei's current state brought worse memories back into his head. He couldn't allow him to die. He turned quickly on his heels and ran towards his truck, yelling back to Ghost as he did. "I do have supplies, and I also know Doc is still probably close enough to lend a hand. I also have a bit of medical training myself." Reaching his truck he pulled out a medical kit that looked similar to one of the ones Doc herself had brought in to work on Kyle with. This one however had stains on it, bloodstains. Aodhan couldn't lose another person from bullets. Those bloodstains brought pain and anger to Aodhan. He was quick to run back to Aleksei. "Please move a bit, Ghost. I get him patched to a bit more stable...Moveable." Aodhan was stern then, using the pain and anger to his advantage he quickly began pulling out equipment and gauze from the kit. "I learned a thing or two from Doc during an accident... I ain't lettin'im die."

Isador was beginning to shake, his eyes welling up with tears as he stood practically frozen. The only movement came from him slightly rocking as he trembled. That relaxed calm was leaving him. His mind felt empty--well, empty besides the thoughts of losing Aleksei. Each gasp Aleksei made brought Isador closer and closer to breaking down. He may have been a trained agent, but this was a type of fear, pain, and panic he never got trained for. Isador slightly moved his feet, he wanted to approach Aleksei, he wanted to comfort him whether he needed it or not. "Love..." Isador whimpered out, like a puppy who'd been kicked.