Chapter Eighty-Nine: Six Days Rest

---Aleksei/Ghost---

Ghost obliged by Aodhan's request, but he took 'a bit' very seriously, he only moved three inches away as he towered over Aodhan, one of Ghost's men came over to watch as well, "If we even suspect that you are purposefully allowing him to die, I will shoot you, hope that is understood." The arm man smiled sweetly as he made the threat.

"Don't take it personally guys, just doing our job and that requires some...toughness." Ghost added but he was mostly stating this towards Aodhan, no he wanted Isador to take this personally, Ghost no longer trusted him, did he trust Aleksei? I mean, Ghost already knew that Aleksei was a softy...or erm, former softy, of course he wouldn't just kill his friend after finding out, that's why he needed Ghost to be his babysitter.

Aleksei jerked as Aodhan touched him, but his pain was quickly filled with exhaustion instead, his eyes felt heavy, and the pain soon subsided as darkness overtook him, its fine, its fine! He's just unconscious.

Ghost watched Aodhan closely as he did his job, he was like a statue, the only movement was his heavy breathing and once in a while comments, such as, "This is what happens when you do good things for people, just saying." Ghost huffed, the only person Ghost cared about was himself..and Eko...he cared about Eko as well. Hell, he may even take a bullet for Eko but let's not get ahead of ourselves with comments like that just yet. Aurora slowly made her way over as she stood close to Isador, she didn't want him to die, of course she didn't want him to die, that was something she always dreaded, him dying and her being completely alone. He was the only thing she had for the longest of time and she didn't want to lose that.

Once Aodhan was finished and Aleksei was declared stable enough to move, the men got him inside of one of the vehicles and rushed him back towards Aodhan's place, they laid him in a bed and placed Kira inside of a...box...yes, a box..next to him. Seems like none of the men in the mafia were very paternal. "isador, you are allowed to be in there. Everyone else stay out of Aleksei's way, let him rest." Ghost left the room and went to occupy himself with something else, Aurora decided to follow him because seeing Aleksei in that state was something she could not handle.

"Sooo, what do we do until he wakes up?" One of the men asked Ghost and Ghost shrugged, "I don't know." He shrugged and just a snack before plopping down to eat as they waited for any news, but they would be waiting for a long, long time.

The next morning came, and Aleksei was still unconscious, Ghost did a responsiveness test, Aleksei's body didn't reply to any of it, not sound, not touch, not even pain, he was also cold, too cold. The blood loss affected him dearly. This was not a good sign, but Ghost tried to keep his cool, "He'll be fine." He kept repeating it to himself as he looked over Aleksei again, his bullet wounds weren't healing properly either but because of Aodhan's work it didn't worsen so that was a positive. Ghost took a deep sigh and left the room again, "what if he becomes like a vegetable? We'll call him The Potato."

"He won't become a potato; he is just taking a longer time to heal up. Its fine." Ghost glared at them, and they nodded with their nonexistent tails were between their legs.

Day two, still no response...day three, still no response but health is stable. Day four, no response, a bit of a health drop. Day five, health has dropped dramatically. Day six, health is at a steady, no decrease or increase but this was looking bad. Day seven...

Ghost came in to check up on Aleksei and as he did, he realized that....

He was awake! Ghost quickly walked over and put a steady hand on his chest, "Hey there, Mousey, nice to see those eyes again." Ghost chuckled dryly as he gave him something to drink. Aleksei seemed dazed which was understandable, "You're cold." Aleksei coughed as the water hit him like fire, but it soon soothed his throat like ice cream on a hot day.

"No, you're cold." Ghost corrected him, and yeah, to say he was cold was an understatement, he felt like a zombie, he looked like one too. Maybe he is one, then everything would just be getting weird at this point.

"I feel dead, we didn't all die at the hall, and this is hell, right?" Aleksei questioned and Ghost laughed as he began to help Aleksei get comfortable, "I doubt it, anyways, stop yapping, you need some more rest." Ghost ordered and Aleksei nodded, he could hear Kira resting soundly besides him, the little chirpy noises she made caused him to smile, at least she was okay. He was worried that she could have been shot and hurt when he fell. Knowing that she was okay instantly made him feel better already.