Chapter Twenty-Eight: Stolen Lines

---Isador---

Isador smiled at Aleksei and gave a small nod. "It is popular, but I've found more sophisticated men tend to have it.... In all honestly your name is waay better." It was then Isador felt a little sad... or was it bad? Either way he felt wrong. *That's because your name is Isador, and you've been lying about who you really are for months now. And by some miracle you slipped under the radar of the infamous Mousetrap.* That weighed on Isador quite a bit. He was lying, but he also really liked-- *Liked? Yeah, going with that for now* -- Aleksei. Slowly his brain processed what Aleksei had said about Jerome.

"Yeah, that's certainly not going to be very fun..." Isador then picked up the remaining fork, and twirled it a moment. His expression was more towards sadness as he watched the fork twirl and spin in his fingers. A smile spread across his face as Aleksei spoke about the cake. "Alright, I shall..." Scooping up a bit of the cake Isador slipped it into his mouth.

"Dang. It's amazing..." Isador gave a small pause, before fairly confidently saying, "Just like you." Then winked at Aleksei one more cringe worthy time immediately and awkwardly staring at the cake.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei thought about it, it was ironic really, his name meant 'Defender' and yet he is much more like a destroyer if anything. He watched as Isador ate the cake and only smiled more, it seemed contagious really, how on earth could he dwell on the meaning of his name when he had that little awkward ball in front of him but the smile was soon short lived when that wink returned, and this time it came with a plate of cheesy. Oh wait! Cheesy actually fits the occasion perfectly.

Aleksei decided to laugh it off and he gently grabbed onto Isador's hand, "Mmm, well, I would compare you to this cake but you already stole that line, I could say that "you taste as good as this cake' but I wouldn't know now, wouldn't I?" and for good measures, he winked right back at Isador before pausing, "Unless you're willing to change that?" he then tempted a bit more softly as he stared his eyes into Isador, there was now a more darker tone to them, a devious sparkle glazed upon them as he awaited an answer.