Chapter Seven: Enter the Monster

--Isador--

Isador didn't really care if they retrieved his car or not, truthfully, it was the car he'd purchased specifically for this assignment... and honestly he felt he should've gone with his other option. Of course, it was too late for that now, as he was in just enough that stepping any amount of steps back would probably land him a very long nap below the surface of the mortal world--and he did not want that. Isador did his best to stay close to Aleksei when they entered the mansion. The loud music caused his ears to ache and the amount of unknown people caused him to feel slightly more anxious than before. *Because somehow, that's possible.* He slightly avoided eye contact with any of the people in the room, and simply kept his head down as he strode behind Aleksei.

"Hey, Aleksei..." Isador called after him. He didn't really want to be left alone right off the bat, there were just a few too many people here for his liking. Plus, where would he go? "I forgot to give you back your gun." Isador didn't dare reach for the firearm in this room, not around people he didn't know. *I do not need them thinking I'm dumb enough to pull a weapon on them.*

Isador flashed a small smile as he motioned to his jacket. The gun was still half wrapped in a napkin and miraculously still in the jacket pocket. Isador didn't know how it was still there, but it managed to keep itself lodged into the smaller pocket.

–Aleksei--

"Hmm? oh yeah, my bad." Aleksei said with an "oops" of a chuckle, doing the complete opposite of Isador, he just simply slid over and took the gun out, dropping the napkin to the floor as he checked over it, "I'm going hav-"

"Hey, Ksei, lemme have that for a second!" Aleksei was interrupted by a tall, really tall but skinny guy walking over, he had an earnest smile on his face as he bowed his head and reached out his hand.

"Sure, you can have it forever." Aleksei said, dropping the gun into this man's hand a bit recklessly.

"Awesome, thanks brother." The strange man said as he walked into the middle of the room, "We have a game to play, and what game is better than Russian roulette" he said waving the gun around towards people but everyone backed away. Cowards. "Well fine then, hey Ksei. How many bullets in this thang?" The strange man asked and Aleksei glared, "It's full, I haven't used it yet."Aleksei answered with an eye roll.

"Even better." the stranger said and with that...

BANG

A shocked gasp went through the entire crowd but nobody hit the floor, instead the male was cackling like a mad man. "I am a god." he said in a monotone with a dead straight face. Who was this man?

Jerome was his name. 

Aleksei watched Jerome with an unsettled expression. No god, but a devil. As everyone was distracted, he slipped away, taking...one...two...more like 6 bottles of strong vodka with him, he didn't even like vodka but that was the strongest thing in the room currently.

It wasn't hard to tell where he went though, his room was close by and his door had "private property of Volkov" lazily drawn on a door sign.

He did leave his door unlocked for Benjamin though, knowing he wouldn't want to be alone. He also didn't want to be rude by just abandoning his guest outright but for now, he will drink and drink and drink some more until Benjamin eventually catches up with him. As he was downing his third bottle, he got a call. He hated answering calls, usually they were never good ones. Without looking at who it was, he answered.

"You have reached the phone of a very very Aleksei, who is this?" Aleksei's voice was slurred and he clearly didn't care who was calling...until he heard the voice.

"Alex-" the woman on the phone started, "Alex! I do not know what the hell you were doing but many, many witnesses saw you leave with the presumed armed robber. I let you sleep in my dining area, I fed you, and invited you to my family's holiday parties. Because I THOUGHT THAT WE WERE FAMILY...I guess I thought wrong..." the voice went from anger to heartache and Aleksei winced...

"Maggie, wait wait..please." Aleksei said but the voice only chuckled dryly,"I have nothing else to say to you, never come back to my shop again or I will call the police." she said before hanging up....Aleksei couldn't catch a break could he.

Now on the verge of tears and slightly shaking, he quickly grabbed another bottle and downed it in a matter of seconds. This isn't healthy, right? I don't think it is. Maybe he should go play Russian roulette, it would be better than this...so much better than this...