Chapter Forty-Two: Home?

---Isador---

Isador relaxed himself a bit when she said to come in the house. "Pleasure to meet you as well..." Trailing after her, he looked around quietly and respectfully. It felt nice to not be in the cold. His eyes darted around at the walls mainly, he wasn't sure what would be safe to fixate on. That was until he heard one specific word. *Cats?*

Isador lit up up with pure joy upon seeing the kittens. Oh how he'd missed being around them. How he really needed their affection in this moment. An ear to ear grin appeared on his face when Aleksei's mother handed him the small kitten. He cuddled her close to his chest and gently stroked her fur. His troubles practically melted away as he snuggled the little fluffy body. After a moment of watching her in all her adorableness, he looked up as Aleksei's mother went into another room.

He was quiet as he watched her bring out the baby, not daring to comment on Aleksei's pleas for her not to have a boyfriend. Isador stood in shock --still stroking the kitten gently-- when she reemerged with the baby. He gave a small laugh when Aleksei said he lied to him. "Not a lie if you didn't know yourself." He whispered to the kitten, mainly. He watched Aleksei with curiosity in his eyes, his smile did not falter. Isador's gaze darted between Aleksei and his mother as she spoke on wanting him to stay here, in Russia. The slight twist in his stomach reappeared, remembering the conversation that caused an eternity of silence between them the night before. *Come on Aleksei... this... this could be doable.* Isador planted a kiss on the top of the kittens head, his thoughts running a little more wild than before. *I'd drop everything for you...* Isador froze at the thought, the only movement from him coming from his hand as it caressed the warm soft fur of the kitten. He stayed like that, ignoring the rest of the world all save for his small little bubble, until he noticed Aleksei moving towards him. He shook his head when Aleksei offered him a chance to hold Kira. He loved kids, he did, but he honestly did not want to put the kitten down. The little purr emanating from her tiny body brought him a different kind of joy then an infant could. A healing joy.

"Having them?" Isador smiled at Kira, then turned his gaze back to Aleksei. "Yes. A few times, actually..." Keeping the kitten against his chest with one hand, Isador gave a small wave to Kira. She was certainly adorable as well. "It...would be nice... What about you?" Isador was actually getting a little excited at the thought of Aleksei talking to him again.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei chuckled at Isador's little kitten fixation, "Look at that Kira, he thinks the kitten is cuter than you." he teased but it seems that even Kira preferred to keep her attention on the kitten, welp you're outnumbered Aleksei, the kitten is voted cutest. Aleksie thought about it briefly before shaking his head, "I've never really thought about it before, I mean pregnancy scares and baby preparations really don't come to mind when all of your partners can't get pregnant." Aleksei chuckled as he looked at Kira with a bittersweet smile, "and it's not like I'm eligible for adoption." he added with a smile. Though, now his attention was completely on Isador, "Hey, I'm sorry for shouldering you. We are partners. Partners should talk about things, not shut them out. We are a team, not an opposition. I am so so sorry and I cannot imagine how hurt you must feel right now." Aleksei said as he took a deep breath, finally he got that out of his chest.

Both Isador and his mother were telling him the same thing, leave it all behind. Do better. He looked down at Kira and smiled, "Isador...want to stay in russia? At least for a while?" Aleksei then asked him carefully.