Chapter Ninety-Three: Promise

---Aleksei/Aurora---

A week...haha...a week, it's been a week and he was unconscious the whole time, he had no chance to, he winced in pain as he was already stressing himself out, "I see" Aleksei was nonchalant about his reply as he laid back again, that violent anger, the darkness, it was all gone, instead came hollowness, emptiness.

"Isa, I can't imagine how stressful it was for you, but you cannot abandon her anytime the stress gets to you. I won...can't look after her while I'm in this condition so I need you to do it for me." He was going to say, 'I won't be able to look after her when I'm gone' but he decided against it and went with something more...kinder? Was that the right word? He's glad that you are awake Aleksei...and he wanted to smile at Isador's comment, but he couldn't, he couldn't smile because he didn't want to be awake.

When he got shot and felt his consciousness leaving him, he had to time to reflect on his life, it was never a good one, he always had some type of issue following him and now he was dug into this one, there is no way he could come back from this, just like Ghost he wanted closure and that closure was to be held responsible for his actions so if that means dying due to the wounds that grieving mother gave him, so be it. He will not fight death; he shall welcome it. He heard Kira again and chuckled, "You promise to take care of them, right?" Aleksei asked Isador carefully, he was no longer stressed, he was at complete peace, he knew what Isador's answer would be, but he still needed to hear him say it,

Aurora laid on top of the liger cage with her laptop on her stomach as she typed on it absent mindedly when she heard Aodhanh she smiled a bit and called back for him, "I'm over here! With the animals." Aurora called back as she slowly closed her laptop and jumped down the cage so she could meet Aodhan halfway, "Is everything okay?" She asked, from the look on him, it didn't seem like he was preparing to give her bad news, so she wasn't too worried about what he wanted.