Chapter Twenty-Five: Golden Cheese

---Isador---

The past few months had actually been fairly fun for for Isador. He felt rather secured in the mafia, and seemed to be liked by more people in it than he ever was back in the actual FBI. The only thing he was missing about that part of his life was his cat, but he didn't dare bring his beloved pet to the mansion. Too many people he couldn't trust around his precious feline companion. And on top of that, he was hearing chatter about The Boss possibly reaching the end of his life soon. He kept that information to himself, not sharing it with his actual boss. He didn't report often, just enough to inform them he was in fact still breathing.

One thing Isador was really enjoying was being around Aleksei. Having his own room now, he felt a bit lonely. He actually kinda missed sleeping on the floor of Aleksei's room, listening to the sounds of him sleeping... *That, that was creepy Isador. Blatantly creepy.* But it was true. Around Aleksei he just felt... more at ease, more happy. Of course they couldn't always be around each other, although Isador got the feeling they both tried to be.

Not one thing could've prepared Isador for the execution of rats in the mafia. Not one. Walking into that room he could feel the mixture of emotions emanating from crowd as they laid eyes on Aleksei and the who Isador learned was the Executioner. His heart began to race and in an effort to hide his sudden anxiousness, he shoved his hands into his pockets. Isador's eyes locked onto Aleksei. He watched only him. As they spoke and called out two names, Isador's heart felt like it was about to implode. *How in the odd heck did they not catch him?* Thoughts like that made laps in his mind. *You shouldn't be complaining on not getting "trapped", Isa... Because you'd be up there suffering and dying too.* Isador shuddered at the thought, and found himself struggling to keep his eyes up toward the direction of the events unfolding. He brought his focus back solely onto Aleksei. His eyes scanned every -yes every- inch of him, attempting to distract himself.

After it was over Isador was relieved to see Aleksei beelining over to him. He gave him a small smile , shifting his weight onto his left side.

"Weirdly enough, my appetite is still in rather good condition...Cheesecake actually sounds marvelous...." Isador gave a small laugh, "Do you always get a cheese statue... a golden cheese statue, at that?"

---Aleksei---

Aleksei chuckled, "I'm glad..." he let out a sigh of relief, he couldn't care if Isador wanted to eat or not, he was more concerned if he felt any differently about Aleksei after seeing him participate in..that.

"Uh, yeah, I get one every time that I do this but I only kept the first ever one I've gotten. The rest I gift to people." Aleksei shrugged but he did admire the golden cheese, it was rather cute. He gently took Isador's hand and led him to the cake that was still uncut.

"There you are, we were waiting on the main attraction to get over here first." The Executioner smiled as he used a clean, yes it was clean, knife to cut a huge slice of the cheesecake and it plopped right onto Aleksei's plate. Aleksei smirked as he turned to look at Isador, "Mind we share this? I doubt I can eat this by myself." Aleksei offered as he picked up two forks and waved it in Isador's face. Let's be completely honest here, he wanted to share a single fork but he also didn't want to push boundaries so he was working with what he got, and right now, that was a huge slice of cheesecake and two forks. It wasn't as iconic as sharing spaghetti but it'll make do,

Usually Aleksei wouldn't dare make such an offer in front of all of these people but he wasn't focusing on these people at the moment, he was simply focusing on Isador, "Unless you'd prefer to eat with some other guy, that's cool too. It seems you've gotten pretty popular here lately." Aleksei teased a bit.