Chapter Ninety-Four: Porcelain Doll

---Isador/Aodhan---

Isador gave a nod. The words flowing through his mind as he stood by Aleksei. He picked up pretty quickly to how Aleksei was feeling when his smile was not returned. "I... I can do that..." Isador did not like how the those words did not dance happily in his head. *He wanted to say something else, Isa...* He kept a small smile as he gently sat on the edge of the bed. His attention was mainly on Aleksei, but periodically he glanced down at Kira. It was Aleksei next question that struck a chord inside of Isador. He'd been asked a very similar question once before. He was a lot younger then, but the weight of the question had not changed over time.

"Aleksei...love..." Isador gently took Aleksei's hand in his own, rubbing his thumb on the top of Aleksei's hand. "I promise to take care of them. But you..." He paused a moment, feeling his stomach twirl once more. The trembling had subsided when he had placed that gentle kiss, but with the twirling feeling it snuck back. Ever so slightly his hands shook. "You are not dying."

Aodhan smiled when he heard her voice, and went over to the animal cages. A few memories tumbled back to him. Ones of his youngest son, who used to perch himself above the kennels and watch the dogs play in them. Well, when Aodhan had dogs, that was. "Yes, everything is fine. Ghost left to tend to some business... I also believe Aleksei has woken up..." He held up his hand to signal her to not run off quite yet. "But even if he has he may be weak. Very weak. You must be careful with him... Treat him like a precious porcelain doll..." Aodhan wanted to make sure she knew that just because he was awake did not mean he was out of the woods.