Chapter Sixteen: Internal Arguing

---Isador---

Isador gave a nod, and got into the driver seat. He tugged gently on the seatbelt, clicking it in. He wasn't so sure of himself anymore... A rival mafia? This certainly wouldn't be that safe.

"I feel like I'd prefer Romeo and Juliet to stay dead..." He looked at Aleksei. "And sounds good. Do you wanna put the address in my phone? I can use it to navigate there while you take a nap... might help you feel better...."

Isador put his hands on the wheel and went quiet for a moment. Was he prepared to steal a rival mafia's car? No, most likely not. Was he still going to do it? Yeah, yeah he probably was. *Wanna make it worse Isa? Your back up has the type of hangover where he'd probably rather be dead right now... And Honestly, don't blame him. He drank alot.* He turned to look at Aleksei once more.

"Do I need to pump the gas before trying to start your truck? Or will it just start kinda nicely?" Isador remembered yesterday and the effort Aleksei had to put into starting this old girl.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei laughed way way too hard at that, he also just really hated the two so any jab at them was peek comedy, "As would I my friend, as would I." he purred back before shaking his head and just taking out his own phone from his pocket, "I'm not saying that I don't trust you to not get caught but if you do get caught, by feds I mean, they can probably look at your history and pinpoint you to those areas. Just looking out for ya is all." he smiled as he placed the phone in one of the cup holders.

"No, I'll uh stay awake for your sake...getting me to pay attention after I take a nap won't work out well for either of us." he said as he sat back up and put on a game face, he didn't want to worry Isador...though Isador should be a little worried, just a tiny bit. it'l be fine, It'll be fine. He already felt like death though, he was hungover, he was hungry, he was taunted as soon as he got out of bed, I mean, getting shot is just another little problem he'll have to deal with. No big deal.

Giving his truck a smile he seemed to think before laughing, "No no, she was just upset with me for being way too rough, start it up nice and slowly and she should be just fine." did he...laugh at his own joke internally before saying it out loud? To answer that question, yes, yes he did and he was damn proud of that joke too so show some appreciation.

He watched Isador pretty closely, squinting his eyes a little bit as he tried to read him, he did seem nervous but was it because of the job? Or was it because of him? Aleksei had issues with that, he was used to everyone either hating or fearing him once hey start to know him, to actually know him so he didn't trust that anyone did like him, I mean; he did admit to murder, his most actual sentencing is death for a reason, no shit someone would be afraid of you but....he didn't want that. He shook the thought out of his head and just let out a deep breath, shut up internal Aleksei, why does it matter if he liked you or not anyways? You've barely known him for two days.