Chapter Forty-Three: A Family, At Last

---Isador---

Isador laughed a little."The kitten is only mildy more adorable than the lovely little lady... and that makes sense...Pregnancy isn't high on the worry list with us..." Isador had thought about adoption before as well, but with all the time he never seems to have, it was not a good option for him. He watched Aleksei's face, trying to read it for every emotion that could be present. "It's alright, love... Sometimes thoughts are harder to process, sometimes doubts cloud our mind. Time is one way of aiding one's self in clearing a path through those thoughts..." Isador laughed a little, more at himself than anything. "And while it hurt, being so... shut off from you, it certainly did not make me love you less." With that said, Isador winked at Aleksei. This wink was backed by Isador's once again growing confidence.

"That actually sounds like a lot of fun, love." Isador carefully leaned towards Aleksei and kissed him on the cheek. He then smiled at him, and then at Kira. Isador did have to admit, she was rather cute. He felt much more at ease now, and more excited about being in Russia than before.

---Aleksei---

Well, this was it. This was going to be his new life, their new life. His new life with his loving mom, little sister, 8 cats and his baby sister on an empty and quiet farm, but did it have to be empty and quiet? Absolutely not.

Aleksei is here now, here for his family. He will help his mother get this little piece of land started again. Aleksei spoke with Isador for a few more minutes, just happy to be back to 'normal' with him. Their little discussion was interrupted when Kira began to cry, "welp...here's to this...my new normal." he chuckled before taking her over to the kitchen to feed her. The cats seemed to start meowing just as the baby did, now the house is really loud and hectic but let's be real, this is baby work for Aleksei. This is way less stressful than dealing with hateful mafia members. He felt normal just taking care of this baby, its an unpopular opinion but if a crying baby was his biggest challenge right now? Then he is happy with this, this is perfect.

His mother finally came back and she seemed worn out, hell, she had to take care of a baby, 8 cats, the entire house alongside the land all by herself for this long. Not anymore, Aleksei would do better.

"Hey boys, I made a room for you guys, it's kind of small and dusty but I hope it's okay." she smiled and Aleksei nodded, "of course mama, we can fix it up to our liking. Thank you so much." he replied and she seemed to just watch him for a bit, she really had her son back...her beautiful first born son. Watching him interact with his sister made her heart melt, her family was together. Her beautiful family is together.

She looked over to Isador and gave him a sweet smile, she didn't know him well but it was clear that Aleksei loved him, truly loved him and that made her love him too. She would make him feel welcomed as well, "I'll start with dinner." she said as she went towards the kitchen. The kitchen was attached to the dining area so you could still hear and see her in the kitchen, it made the house feel alive, truly like a home.

After a long day of just being relaxed, Aleksei started to slowly pull out funds from his bank that he shares with the mafia. He then used those funds to start planning house repairs and make the land suitable for animals, what kind of animals though? They didn't actually need animals that would make them money, they could just be there to make the land lively again. Oh wait, why just stop at one animal? He is rich!

As the months continued, many things happened. One of those things is that Aleksei just keeps falling in love with Isador, but he wasn't the only person who fell in love with Isador, so did Aleksei's mothers. 

The second thing is, Aleksei brought his mules to the farm, they were the first livestock animals that were welcomed and they loved it. The snow treated them well. Aleksei loved riding his 17 hands gelding and sometimes their mom would allow Aleksei to strap Kira onto him and let her ride with them. The second animal they got were reindeers. Reindeers were such characters, they weren't the smartest animals and they found themselves in sticky situations. So far the farm only had 5 of them but were already expecting calves. The third animals were polish rabbits. Gosh they were so cute. Nothing should be this cute.

His mom had to put a stop to his animal purchase sooo, now they were stuck with cats, two mules, reindeer and rabbits. They should have way more. He wanted to contact Micah for an exotic animal so bad too. Darn mom.

Kira at this point began to crawl and attempt to walk as well, she was definitely her brother's sister. They would be two peas in a pod as she gets older. His best friend.

"Hey, I love you." Aleksei came out of nowhere and kissed Isador on the cheek before sitting down next to him, he was stuffing his mouth with a brownie his mother had made. She was an honest saint. She made these grown adult men breakfast every morning, lunch and dinner and also made little goodie snacks for them. Aleksei met Kira's dad once in a while but after he saw that Kira had a financially stable brother he kind of left for good. Which didn't bother anyone, he seemed to make mom uncomfortable anyways.

He leaned back as he just took in Isador's presence.