Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fight for Good

---Isador---

Isador nodded. Aleksei had a point. The feds would definitely gun for him in or out of the mafia. "What... What if you had help? Someone to..." Isador trailed off. What would you do Isador? You'd screw yourself royally... *But does that truly matter anymore?* Isador released a small sigh. He felt the need to be strong for Aleksei, to allow him this moment of weakness. "That makes sense, love, it truly does..." When Aleksei moved away, Isador inched closer to him wanting to comfort him but he was unsure of how he should.

He than lowered his voice and spoke much more softly. "I am not afraid of you, nor do I believe you could or would hurt me..." His voice had some confidence inside of it, but not much. Aleksei may be capable of hurting him, but he also believed he wouldn't. "You..." Isador paused and took a deep breath calming his nerves and easing his heart rate before he continued, "You mean the world to me and you have proven time and time again that you are a wonderful person who ended up on a dark, dark path... a path you took to survive." With that said Isador reached out his hands and cupped Aleksei's face gently. "And I am here for you. No matter what." Isador planted a soft kiss on Aleksei's nose and gave him a small and pure smile.

---Aleksei---

Aleksei listened to Isador and the longer he would talk, the harder it was for Aleksei to hold back tears. He finally couldn't handle it anymore and he pulled Isador closer so he could rest his head on his chest like a dog cuddling on their owner. "I love you, so much Benji." Aleksei said gently as he stayed there. Aleksei wouldn't even dare imagine being this vulnerable with anyone else, definitely not with someone from the mafia but this was a different man, this man was caring, soft, loving and trustworthy, and that's what Aleksei needed, he hasn't felt loved like this in so so long. He felt amazing.

Aleksei was silent as he composed himself, his tears wetting Isador's chest before his own eyes began to finally dry, finally he spoke up once more, "You were saying something about having help?" Aleksei finally asked, he...he didn't know if could ever take an escape, he felt far too deep in but also...this was Isador, he was willing to trust him with anything he would think of. Plus, he had Isador to think about now, he could spend his entire life with him without ever having to be afraid, without having to feel guilty. Isador made him feel like fighting for something greater. Something good.