Chapter Twenty-Six: The Wink

---Isador---

Isador felt a small rush when Aleksei took his hand. Just that small action made him a bit more giddy than before. Yeah cheesecake was great but somehow this was better. Isador watched quietly as the Executioner cut the cake. Isador felt slight fear towards the Executioner. The man literally seemed so happy and chill after two people just died. *Plus, they were still up there...* Isador did his best not to shudder. Aleksei's question brought Isador's attention back to what actually mattered to him.

"Oh really?" He laughed a bit before waving his hand dismissively. "Popular or not, I do believe there's really only one guy I'd prefer to eat with." Without thinking, Isador winked at Aleksei. *There are tons of people surrounding you, and that is what you do?* The idea of sharing with Aleksei brought back that giddy happy feeling he'd felt when Aleksei had took his hand. A different type of nervous had fluttered in over the past months, one that Isador barely recognized. At least, he didn't really recognize it until this moment.

---Aleksei---

The wink caught Aleksei off guard and he let out a cough before taking a deep breath...oh god...was Isador an awkward flirt as well? "Well, you're the only guy I want to eat with as well but considering that we are already getting stares, lets go back to my room." Aleksei smiled and settled the forks on the plate before using his now free hand to take Isador's hand again. Yeahh, Isador wasn't a toddler who needed help getting around but Aleksei should still give him a supportive hand. Its just a nice thing to do.

As Aleksei was leading Isador towards the door, the doors swung open with a huge amount of force and they slammed against the back wall. Aleksei just barely saved the cake. "Oh come on, I just want to eat cake," he mumbled under his breath before seeing who was the cause of the disruption. The Boss.

He walked in with a cane and moved oh so very slowly as everyone watched him. His harsh breathing could be heard from across the room as he made his way to the stage. It was a very long, awkward silence until he finally reached the mic. "I-*cough cough*...I have heard that the lot of you were discussing who would become my next in line. Well, I am not dead yet you hungry bastards. Considering that most in this room is ready for me to die so they can take my place, I have decided to name my heir now!" The Boss yelled, his voice shaky.

"Jerome...you have took care of me during this time, like a son should with his old father. You will be the boss." The Boss said and Aleksei scoffed, "That's bull...Jerome could gi-"

"And Aleksei!" The Boss shouted his name, cutting off Aleksei from finishing his sentence , "Since I can't trust that Jerome can read or count for shit, you will be the second in command." The Boss gave a wry smile before backing away from the mic, "That will be all." he sighed as the Executioner helped him get back to bed.

What. The. Actual. Fuck. He didn't want this! Aleksei felt eyes on him and surprise surpise it was Jerome. Once Jerome realized Aleksei was staring back, he came over in a terrifying speed walk, "Well brother. Guess we will be working together more often, I can't wait." Jerome smiled that huge, unsettling smile.

"I can't wait eitherrr...but right now I have more fun business to attend to." Aleksei smiled back before basically dragging Isador out of the room and to the bedroom instead, nope, he would not deal with this right now. This timeskip is all about Isador and Aleksei so he would enjoy it. "Okay, we are finally here, oh and I cleaned up just for you...I mean I had the maids clean up but same thing." he shrugged as he sat on the bed.