Chapter 7 - Is Senior Ahri willing to partner up with me?

Normal text
Thinking
Onomatopoeia

Keira's POV
I spent the next few days training with the 3rd male lead. I have to admit, it was fun. Much more fun than my time on Earth. Unlike the other brats in my high school, he's chill and pretty laid-back. And best of all, he wasn't stuck-up. It made it less oppressing to hang out around him. There were also the added benefits of having a warm place to stay in as well as food and clothes when I'm with him. He even bought me medicine for my burns. Other than that, I also enjoyed sharing things about Earth. His eyes would always be bright and attentive as he listened to me ramble on. He's curious. Which was fair since both of us came from completely different worlds. Unlike mine, his was more pragmatic. Most activities have a purpose behind them. Whether it was to train in magic powers or strength, it was never there for the sake of entertainment and enjoyment.

I told him a lot of things, just not the truth. I found that out the hard way when I tried telling him that this whole world was just from a cringey novel. When that thought came to my mind, I felt my heart being squeezed extremely tightly. My heart would hurt so much, like it would explode the moment I utter a single word of the truth. It would cut off my flow of oxygen, making me feel light-headed. Only when I stopped thinking about such 'blasphemous' thoughts would the pain stop. I guess it was God's bloody way of keeping my mouth shut. I didn't want to accidentally kill myself so I used this time to test the boundaries of this restriction. I realised that I could basically say anything as long as it didn't reveal the truth of this world, the plot and my true identity.

Over the few days of training, my stamina and strength has also improved tremendously. I was able to at least swing my sword around for a few minutes without having to wheeze like an old hag. By now, I was also able to kill an E-rank monster on my own. I still have a long way to go, but it was still an improvement. It was one step closer to my ultimate goal of becoming rich and powerful.

After a week of training, it's finally the start of the second semester. Back at the inn, I was waiting nervously in the male lead's room. It's like going to a new school all over again, except I'm the only puny mortal amongst a horde of Dumbledores. I didn't know what to expect or what the people there would be like.

The male lead looked at me amusedly as I paced around, "What's the matter? Why the nervousness? It's not like it's your first time in the academy."

Because it is. I'm not Keira Amos.

"I'm just nervous. I did tell you that my memory is a bit blurry after the near-death experience. So there's a lot of things I don't remember. What if I don't know what to do? After all, I'm hideous now. I don't think people will be willing to explain things to a freak."

The 3rd male lead wasn't exactly the sharpest but others might not be like him. I was worried that people would find out that I wasn't the original Keira Amos. If the truth was revealed, I might very well just die from the laws of this novel.

He chuckled, "Relax, you can do it. Besides, you have me, right? I will help you along the way."

I didn't exactly feel much better. I mean, I like his character but it still doesn't sit well with me when my fate rests in the hands of a stranger. And in a male interest's hands at that.

What if he went back to his set character? What if he changed his mind on a whim? After all, I'm just a nobody now. There's no guarantee he would always be on my side.

He saw that I was still nervous and pulled out a set of black clothes along with a mask. The long overcoat was completely black, save for a few red stripes on its side. Even the undershirt, pants, belt, gloves and shoes were black as well. One of the arm sleeves was decorated with two small belts while the other had black chains wrapping around it. But the strangest part was the mask. It had a weird demonic design to it with some red accent lining it. In short, it's downright hideous.