Chapter 72 - I want her...

Normal text
Thinking
Onomatopoeia

Keira's POV
Just like back in Houston, the weird dreams followed me all the way to Miami. But this time, the woman didn't say the same cheesy lines. She was humming instead. A beautiful and melodious hum. I was spellbound, listening to her soothing voice that seemed to enchant my very soul. It was so soft, so peaceful. I felt an indescribable sense of security, which was funny since I didn't even know this foreign woman's face who had been invading my dreams every single night. It just felt so calming.

I groggily opened my eyes, expecting to feel tears streaming down my cheeks. But there wasn't. They were dry and smooth. I guess penthouses really do have special powers...

I hurriedly washed up and went downstairs. The guy said that I could order breakfast to my room but the weather was so sunny outside. A stark contrast to the always gloomy winter sky in Houston. As much as I wanted to enjoy this penthouse chic life, I didn't want to waste such good weather being holed up indoors. I want to go out and enjoy the warm air. And maybe explore this place a little. Even if I had to see the annoying faces of a certain few rats. It was worth the sacrifice. I took the exclusive lift all the way down to the ground floor, not having to stop on any other levels for other people. A rich man's life really felt good. So many privileges. I could get used to this. The moment the lift doors opened, I headed straight towards the dining area. As I got nearer to the place, I could hear the faint sound of catchy music. K-pop music.

Is this the new KDA single?

The moment I entered the dining area, I could finally hear the lyrics properly. And the first sentence already made me stop dead in my tracks.

~Baddest do, what the baddest do (hey)~

~The baddest do (hey), we the baddest, ooh~

~Baddest do, what the baddest do (hey)~

~The baddest do (hey), we the baddest~

I could feel my heart skip a beat.

~Coming at you live~

~Real, real wild~

~Here to light it up~

~Set the world on fire~

The fingers on my fractured hand were twitching. Twitching from the very elusive feeling of happiness. Happiness that wasn't just derived from revenge and money. It was pure unadulterated happiness. A feeling I hadn't felt in a long time. And I wasn't even that crazy into K-pop.

~I spit heat, I melt your face off~

~Disappear, I'm your eraser~

~In the cut just like a razor~

~Murder business, where my blazer?~

~I got all the boys on me~

~I got all the lines on ring~

~Knock 'em dead, turnin' heads~

~I got all the eyes on me~

I didn't even realise I was just standing there, frozen at the doorway, looking into empty space like a dork. Because all my attention was on this magical music. Music that seemed to spark happy feelings within me. I was desperately chasing that euphoria, wanting to feel more of it. And then, the voice for the next set of lyrics made my entire world stop.

~I'm doing damage~

~Went just how I planned it~

~I do what I want when I say (when I say, when I say)~