Chapter 35 - Cain only ever befriended and liked Keira Amos... not Keira.

Normal text
Thinking
Onomatopoeia

Keira's POV
Ring! Ring! Ring!

I opened my tired eyes and glanced at the alarm clock. It was 9am.

CRAP!

I hurriedly jumped out of bed to wash up. Today's the day when Cain and I would go out to explore the city together. Before today, he repeatedly said that he wanted the trip to be just us both. So I made sure to not reveal this to that FOMO Disney Princess. After all, I didn't feel like dealing with 2 bickering children. Not today. Besides, I was also curious about what Cain wanted to talk to me about. He has been acting so secretive about it, refusing to just say it to me now. He insisted on telling me only on the day itself. I mean, it's fine, I guess. It's not like I'm too curious about it anyway. Besides, I have other troubles to worry about. Like this goddamn weather, for example! It has already been snowing for nearly 3 months but the strange thing was that this dreaded winter season still refused to let up. It just kept getting colder and colder. I really wanted to wear my combat outfit to keep warm but I felt that it wouldn't be too good to dress so... wretchedly for an outing. I could only suck it up and throw on some trench coat over a long-sleeved shirt before heading out. To minimise the chances of bumping into Senior Ahri, we decided to meet up at the academy gates before going out to get some breakfast.

Along the way, I could feel the usual unnerving gazes of the other students on me, but it no longer affected me as much as before. I guess that Princess was right. I just needed to get used to ignoring irrelevant people. I don't need to know or care about their opinions. After all, there's no point. If people wanna bitch about me, even if I'm the next coming of Jesus, they would still somehow manage to dig up some dirt to talk shit about me. So might as well just ignore them. By the time I reached the gates, Cain was already waiting there. This time, he was wearing black all over. He wore a black shirt and pants along with a form-fitting overcoat. His outfit was adorned with multiple silver-grey brooches and small decorative belts. As if that wasn't black enough, he even wore black gloves to top it off. The only non-black colour on his outfit was the white-coloured belt on his waist. In conclusion, he looked like some unrealistically good-looking assassin.

Seeing him dressed that well kinda made me feel bad for not putting much thought and effort into my clothes for today

Seeing him dressed that well kinda made me feel bad for not putting much thought and effort into my clothes for today. I started to feel even more self-conscious when I heard the whispers of admiration among the other students. Particularly the female students. Of course, I could also feel their murderous glares towards me.

Should I have at least worn a more fancy-looking shirt or something?

When Cain saw me, he immediately froze.

What??? Is my clothes THAT horrible???

I looked down at my outfit.

Seems okay though...