Chapter 11 - That's why I hated this two-timing bastard the most.

Normal text
Thinking
Onomatopoeia

Keira's POV
"Mommy! Mommy! I want to hear a bedtime story!" I said while jumping into bed and tucking myself in.

Daddy chuckled, "Oh my. Is our baby so excited to go to bed?"

I hurriedly nodded, "Yeah! I want to hear a story

I hurriedly nodded, "Yeah! I want to hear a story."

After all, Daddy and Mommy's bedtime stories are the best.

Mommy smiled, "Okay. Then, do you want to hear a story about how a poor human girl met and fell in love with a rich prince?"

 Then, do you want to hear a story about how a poor human girl met and fell in love with a rich prince?"

I nodded even faster. Mommy sat beside me and patted my head while Daddy took a book from the bookshelf. He adjusted his reading glasses and flipped open the book. He then sat on the other side of my bed. Since the bed was small, I was squished between them. But I didn't mind. It was warmer and more comfy like this.

Daddy began reading, "In a world far, far away from here, there's a universe similar to ours. In this world, an ongoing war raged between the demons and humans."

"Why are they also fighting, Daddy?"

I didn't understand. Why are the people in this story also fighting each other like the ones in our world? Why can't they all live together happily? Why must they hurt others?

"Because both sides hated each other. They don't want to take the time to understand strangers," Daddy explained.

He continued, "The battle went on for many years, until one day, the demons suddenly lost."

"Why?" I asked curiously.

This time, Mommy explained, "Because there's a bad demon among them. He was greedy and wanted more money. So he betrayed his own people and helped the humans instead."

Daddy nodded, "Because the demons lost, the humans created a peace treaty that only benefited themselves. It was very unfair to the demons. Especially to a certain little demon princess. Her parents died in the battle and the human king forced her to be engaged to his son, the crown prince."

"Why does the King want her to marry his son if he doesn't like demons?" I asked again.

Mommy smiled sadly, "He wants the powers of the demon princess. Legend says that whoever marries her will become the most powerful magic user in the world. He wanted his son to be the most outstanding so he forced the princess to be engaged to him."