Chapter 22

[ *Guys, if you don't know, I have rewritten chapter 21, Check out that chapter if you don't want to be confused later*]

Caelum POV

The sky without the moon is a beautiful sight to behold. It's a vast expanse of stars, galaxies, and nebulae that stretches out as far as the eye can see. Without the moon's light to overpower the night sky, the stars seem brighter and more vivid.

I love gazing up at the night sky and taking in its beauty. It's a reminder of how small we are in comparison to the universe, which is a humbling experience.

The stars are like tiny pinpricks of light that twinkle in the darkness, and I can't help but feel a sense of awe.

I love everything about the sky. Laying on my nest under a tree, I was excited to start a new journey: finding the perfect mate for me.

I already had a list in my mind of what kind of mate I wanted. I didn't want to become any belle's mate without knowing her well, to avoid suffering later. I knew that most females use beaus at first, but once they get tired of them, they definitely find new ones as they never lack males.

I wanted a belle who had a kind heart and treated her mate gently, caring about their feelings.

Someone who would love to fly in the sky with me without fear.

A gentle, beautiful, unique belle who must be a great dancer like me.

That was enough for my list.

The next morning, after bidding farewell from the tribe, I flew in the sky, hoping to find a mate during our mating season. Floating through the air with the wind rippling through my feathers, I felt free, liberated from the ground beneath my feet.

The sun was shining brightly in the clear blue sky, and the clouds were like the softest skin I could lean against. The view was breathtaking: the patchwork quilt of fields, rolling hills, and forests below me, stretching to the horizon.

As I soared higher, I felt a sense of peacefulness, invincibility, and joy that comes with flying in the sky. The cool wind caressed my body, and I couldn't help but feel a feeling of pure bliss.

I didn't know how much I flew. I didn't want to be noticed by anyone because most belles were enchanted by my beauty, which was not what I wanted.

I wanted to observe belles before I approached them. Hiding myself, I watched as many belles as I could, but I couldn't find the right one for me. Either they were very arrogant or some were too far off from my list.

It was the rainy season, and during this time, our tribe's beaus had to find mates. I hoped I could find a mate in this season. When it rained hard, I would either sleep under a tree or find an empty cave.

It became extremely frustrating. After flying for many days, I still hadn't found the right one for me. I felt sad. If I didn't find a belle who matched my list, I would rather stay single for life than be desperate for a mate and marry the wrong one, ruining my life.

After reaching another tribe and observing another belle named Sandra, I knew she wasn't the one. She looked good and fit for cubs, but her attitude was worse.

Disappointed, I flew again to try my luck. After flying for a while, I sat on a tree and tried to gather my thoughts. Suddenly, I smelled an intoxicating scent.

I was already on the verge of losing my mind, dying to see whose scent it was. I looked in the direction of the scent, making sure to hide myself well. And then, my eyes fell on the most stunningly beautiful belle I had ever seen.