Qualms..

Chapter: 27 Arc: 3 

City lights shined on, their small reflective gaze upon you split in four arcs shimmering deep in what's left of your retina, but what mattered more to you was the ongoing mission of saving your friend. You fear that with his boastful nature he would have gotten into some trouble, even with his amazing powers he was merely a child and a site such as this is no place for someone like him. Yet even in this whole world of mutants, monsters, and the infected, you wonder...you wonder as to what he could have become if left alone in this environment for any period of time. He was already an alcoholic..imagine now how bad he could be, or the anger issues, lashing out guns blazing first, his weakness to critical t-

"Hey..slow down and breathe.."

Hijìn taking his first few steps up a flat roofed apartment had to deeply breathe in then exhale at hearing Xèhtrï's voice reminding him to calm down, anxiety over loved ones was one thing and being an overprotective monster and it simply wasn't worth it. Metal soled shoes making a small hard click as the man took a step, head bobbing left and right Hijìn made it to the edge of the apartment flat and stared out to all the cars driving by and the hustle and bustle of city life, not helping himself and simply sighing at the fact this wasn't the aim his life would go for in a sense. Hanging his head, Hijìn wouldn't notice a strange darkness forming right beside him, its corroded mass making slight squishing noises as it finally planted its foot down and caught his attention. The man glancing up to see the same parasite standing right beside him standing in the exact same pose would pause then stand up straight to see the parasite measly staying in the same pose it originally was, he would ask "Xèhtrï?" with the parasite immediately glancing back at them and simply raising a brow asking "What? You are asking if I'm your parasite simply because I'm black?". Hijìn furrowing his brow just watched bewildered for a moment as the parasite measly scoffed and hung its shoulders now standing straight saying "Hey Genuis..of course it's me..who else could even recognize that I'm residing in your head apart from anyone else but a handful of people?", "Well I mean I don't see you anywhere that isn't darkness so..I mean..I pictured it to be you I just didn't understand your statement.." the man replied as Xèhtrï crossed their arms and from his back a mouth formed and shouted a loud "HA!" before disappearing.

"Look..that was just some commentary I received once from my old user..well more like he asked to someone else just b..lemme not the details don't matter why are we just standing here lets get a move on." The parasite commented only watching as Hijìn leaned a bit to the right and fell off the apartment head first, they didn't even question it as they watched for a few seconds before taking one foot off the roof and falling with them as well. Hijìn casually falling headfirst as the apartment seemed to go on for a while as only a few seconds later Xèhtrï was falling as well feet first would say to them, "So..are you out of my body or is this some form of mind games?" "A little less of one and more of the other". Just as the man swung a line from his back latching to a nearby streetlight and latched onto the very top of it, perching against the pole as it had two lights on either side would continue with "Hmn..", Xèhtrï latching a few thorn covered tendrils on said streetlight would stand on it perfectly balanced staring down coldly at the man asking "What you HMN-ing for? Speak.." "Pfft yeah yeah-..just thinking about something as this is all going down". Hair blowing softly in the synthetic breeze would make the man look up to see the parasite staring right down at him with their cold dead black eyes as it blurted out to him in a snarky attitude "Say you're doing allot of this thinking stuff now..instead of thinking so much of your feelings maybe you should eat something for Mothers Sake..?" "Mothers Sake..whh..? And Eat something?! I mean I haven't eaten in ages, but I thought you were sustaining us?". As out of nowhere Xèhtrï pushed him off the streetlight down to the ground rubbing their forehead in annoyance soon jumping down after him again.